Small Keezer - Beko 3205

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fgoulding

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m looking to buy a small freezer to use as a keezer and I reckon that the Beko 3205 might fit the bill.

So I wondered if anybody has one and could tell me how many standard 23cm corney kegs will fit inside without the need to add a collar.

Thanks.

Can't talk for a beko, If you are interested in the Fridgemaster MCF194 (the mcf139 will only fit one, unless you buy the new kegs that are just 215mm wide and then should fit two and a smaller gas bottle) the MCF194 fits 2 well plus a 10litre gas bottle (6kg of gas) , plus a fermentation bucket or a cask on the shelf. If I put the gas outside I can fit 3 standard corny and an 11litre one on the shelf.

Can't talk for a beko, If you are interested in the Fridgemaster MCF194 (the mcf139 will only fit one, unless you buy the new kegs that are just 215mm wide and then should fit two and a smaller gas bottle) the MCF194 fits 2 well plus a 10litre gas bottle (6kg of gas) , plus a fermentation bucket or a cask on the shelf. If I put the gas outside I can fit 3 standard corny and an 11litre one on the shelf.

Ideally I don’t want to buy new kegs as I have a lot of the old refurbed ones. But the Fridgemaster is the kind of size that I’m looking for. Thanks!

Was the right combination of size, price and efficiency for me - I bought the smaller one first believing it would fit them, but my older cornies wouldn't go in together. The bigger one fits well, plus loads of bottles of beer and wine! Be warned that the 194 is actually bigger internally than the 198 I think - the 198 is higher but slimmer. Good luck!

Ao.com seemed to be the cheapest at the time and they happily took the smaller freezer away even though I'd opened it, and let me swap for the bigger one.

Was the right combination of size, price and efficiency for me - I bought the smaller one first believing it would fit them, but my older cornies wouldn't go in together. The bigger one fits well, plus loads of bottles of beer and wine! Be warned that the 194 is actually bigger internally than the 198 I think - the 198 is higher but slimmer. Good luck!

Ao.com seemed to be the cheapest at the time and they happily took the smaller freezer away even though I'd opened it, and let me swap for the bigger one.

2 standard kegs, a CO2 bottle and maybe a couple of mini-kegs and I'll be sorted! What temperature do you run it at?

I have mine at 1.6c then a range of 3c - so when it gets to 4.6c it kicks in and goes back to 1.6c again. Works for the APA and lagers I drink mainly - plus food safe when we use it as an overflow food fridge.

Looking now, it seems hard to get the 194, as I say I don't think the 198 is the right size for you but I may be wrong. Let me know if you want any measurements of mine.

Yeah, the 194 has been discontinued but I’ve just cut out three 23cm cardboard disks so that I can try the sizes in the 198 and the Beko 3205 in Currys etc. So we’ll see!

Thanks for your help, it’s much appreciated.

So I trundled into Curry’s today with my corny sized cardboard disks. Seems that the Beko fits 2 kegs but it’s quite a deep freezer, so it would stick out too much in our kitchen.

And whilst we don’t have the fridgemaster brand in Ireland, I did discover that the Logik 198 is the exact same model in every detail. It can hold 3 corny kegs plus probably all my mini kegs as well. Which is a surprise because it looks much smaller than the Beko.

The wife gave it a big thumbs up and so I’m going to order the black version :).

I reckon this is the go to keezer model for those people (like me) without the skills to add a collar!

Thanks @crowcrow for the advice.

8A49CF1F-DD10-4CFA-9CB9-F5930181653A.jpeg

Latest posts

Back