Smallest 4-keg keezer solution?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So a bit more digging around and it looks like the Indesit OS1A200H2.1 might be the good candidate here.

At 865 (H) x 806 (W) x 642 (D) we should have an interior floorplan of approximately 650 (W) and 490 (D). With each keg being 230mm round (allowing for a bit of a gap) there's space enough to comfortably fit 4 kegs and possibly even 5. What's quite good about this freezer is that it can be set as either a chest freezer or a chest fridge.

The only thing I'm not sure about is that there is a light on the inside of the lid, so fitting a collar might be tricky, although I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to terminate the wires.

It is very easy to terminate the light if needed, i have bypassed the thermostat on both my freezer and fridge.I just let the inkbird sort it out.
On my freezer it had some sort of delay when first turned on.

Not really ideal when trying to maintain a temp above freezing.

There are youtube video's showing you how to bypass the inbuilt thermostat.Can also be returned to normal if needed.

I've ordered the indesit freezer to turn up next week. I planned it out and it would fit 5 kegs if needed, although I will still only fit 4 taps.

I did chuckle to myself when a lady from AO rang up to ask me if I wanted the protection insurance at £5.50 per month, pointing out that it was "peace of mind for protecting my essentials" but "excludes wilful damage, not that I can imagine anyone wilfully damaging a new freezer". I was so close to telling her what it was actually for!

I've ordered the indesit freezer to turn up next week. I planned it out and it would fit 5 kegs if needed, although I will still only fit 4 taps.

I did chuckle to myself when a lady from AO rang up to ask me if I wanted the protection insurance at £5.50 per month, pointing out that it was "peace of mind for protecting my essentials" but "excludes wilful damage, not that I can imagine anyone wilfully damaging a new freezer". I was so close to telling her what it was actually for!

Hahaha! :D "Hi i'd like to claim, someone has cut holes in my new freezer"

20200827_104748.jpg

Freezer arrived today. Plenty of space for 5 kegs, although I'll only install 4 for now.

Not sure I'll even need to disconnect the light as it has a long cable.

View attachment 31653

Freezer arrived today. Plenty of space for 5 kegs, although I'll only install 4 for now.

This llooks like the same model I used. I have 4 kegs plus the co2 and the 70:30 - I wanted to keep collar sensible size so 4th keg is half size sitting on ledge. Also bought additional gas bottles which are smaller than my main ones and fit nicely.

I'm happy to go with a big collar. I have some 6x2 and 8x2 knocking around so will use one of them.

Sorry if this is a dumb question - what are the "collars" mentioned in this discussion?

Ah this is just getting hold of some 2x4 and creating literally a collar around the top of the freezer, adding the lid to that and so achieving greater usable interior height.

Ala to the left/behind my bike there:
mfUi7B3.jpg

EDIT: Also makes it easier to add the taps, as you can drill through the wood instead of scary plastic/insulation/coolant pipes. :) That's my next task. After making my collar even taller!

View attachment 31653

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but how are you going on with this freezer? Im looking for a freezer to convert,do you use it on the fridge setting? Have you any photos of it finished

Something a bit different, I use a dry contact chiller. Kontakt 40k.

I too don't have much space so can move the chiller and kegs about to suit where I am serving. Granted the kegs take up a certain footprint anyway, but I'm not lugging a fridge about.

Depends I suppose if you are wanting 4 taps? My kontakt only has 2 lines which is fine for me.
Am I right in thinking that the Lindr machines have a built in air compressor that is used to supply air to dispence the beer?

You can buy them with that capability, would work well with KeyKegs etc where there is a bag in the keg. Not such a wise idea with a carbonated corny keg

Hi all, didn't want to start a new thread, but I am wondering if anyone has come across the smallest chest freezer that can fit a minimum of 3x19L corny kegs? I believe I will not be able to get the new slimmer version corny kegs, so will use the 23cm diameter kegs. I would also be willing to build a collar to use the "hump" to store the kegs. Any updates would be hugely appreciated.

Hi all, didn't want to start a new thread, but I am wondering if anyone has come across the smallest chest freezer that can fit a minimum of 3x19L corny kegs? I believe I will not be able to get the new slimmer version corny kegs, so will use the 23cm diameter kegs. I would also be willing to build a collar to use the "hump" to store the kegs. Any updates would be hugely appreciated.

I recently bought a black LOGIK L198CFB (also known as the Fridgemaster MFC198) from Curry’s. Here’s a picture of me testing out a white one in the shop with 3 23cm cardboard disks just to be sure! I can also fit my full size CO2 in there and 2 mini-kegs on the hump plus yeast in the basket. I didn’t fit a collar, I just use party taps. I’m pretty happy with it. I reckon you’d fit 4 of the slim kegs but I haven’t sized that up yet.

749E5277-048E-4C4B-BC3C-976B7D37F638.jpeg

Back