Smoked Ox cheek and pulled pork

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattGuk

Reaction score
So yesterday I had a day off and decided to brew up a beer and smoke some ox cheeks on my new smoker.
Considering these guys are pretty small, they took about 7 hours to cook, but my god it was worth it.
Anybody who hasn't tried these but likes brisket, try them, u won't be disappointed.
Also today, im smoking a pork should and making smoked crispy crackling.
20220506_175606.jpg
20220506_191340.jpg
20220507_093757.jpg
20220507_093803.jpg

On the Pulled Pork front, we only have a small freezer so:
  1. I only do the “dry rub” and an injection of apple juice before smoking.
  2. After smoking, I pull the shoulder to bits (as per normal), pack the pulled pork into plastic tubs, wait until they’ve cooled and then stack them in the freezer.
  3. When we fancy pulled pork I remove a tub, let it defrost and then combine it with a sauce that I’ve just made.
Apart from saving space in the freezer, this system allows me to change the flavour of the sauce and tailor the spices to the tastes of our guests.

I can make up a sauce with or without fresh chillies, molasses, tomato ketchup, tomato paste, maple syrup, golden syrup, brown sauce etc etc!

Believe me, 3kg of Pulled Pork with a single sauce flavour can get really boring!
:hat:

Latest posts

Back