Snickers stout recipe

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds interesting- will follow your lead on nibs, let me know if you did indeed add an extra 2200g and what the final impact was. Cheers

I did add extra, but the peanut powder I was using was really bland. I ate a teaspoon of it raw and it didn't have much flavour. The beer is still sitting in the FV, I tried some yesterday and it's really good but no peanut flavour.

I did add extra, but the peanut powder I was using was really bland. I ate a teaspoon of it raw and it didn't have much flavour. The beer is still sitting in the FV, I tried some yesterday and it's really good but no peanut flavour.

Pick up a PB extract and add to taste at bottling. The lorann oils one is pretty decent.

Pick up a PB extract and add to taste at bottling. The lorann oils one is pretty decent.
Do you have a link to which product you bought at all? I tried to make my own extract using this powder originally before I knew it was so bland.

That’s a shame - least you still have a decent beer!
I might shelve the peanut butter idea for now and return to perfecting a tiramisu stout I tried to make a while ago. I actually think that would be a bit easier.

I'd be interested to know how yours comes out.

Last edited:
I might shelve the peanut butter idea for now and return to perfecting a tiramisu stout I tried to make a while ago. I actually think that would be a bit easier.

I'd be interested to know how yours comes out.

will keep you posted ...

Do you have a link to which product you bought at all? I tried to make my own extract using this powder originally before I knew it was so bland.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LorAnn-Super-Strength-Peanut-Butter-Flavor-1-Dram-3-7ml-/372617220267
This is the one I used. Think I got it from amazon though. One of these little bottles will dose 19L. You could go stronger though. I found that it took about 4 weeks for the PB flavour to start shining. Before that it's a bit like cookie dough.

Sadly my PB stout has a nasty infection. Each bottle has a thick layer of pellicles and there is a strong metallic flavour to them with a sour aftertaste.

I was drinking through one before the off flavours got too strong, it was nice and chocolatey with a hint of peanuts. It worked quite well but the peanut flavour could be stronger.

That’s a real shame - I really struggled with the peanut powder, found it hard to dissolve. I have about 40 bottles - will sample in coming weeks and let you know

Yeah I found the powder didn't really dissolve either. I thought I made a tincture with vodka and powder (or alcoholic peanut butter) and left it. After a few days it separated.

Do let us know how yours comes out.

I've been doing a bit digging on this recently whilst planning an upcoming brew. I found that Belching Beaver, who make probably the best know peanut butter beer, list both natural and ethyl based flavouring in their list of ingredients. I think flavouring/extracts are definitely the way to go - not pb2. But I reckon to get a rounded and obvious peanut butter flavour and aroma you'd need to use multiple extracts. I'm looking forward to experimenting with this!

Latest posts

Back