So my friends commented on my beer that I'd brewed.....

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex.mc

Regular.
Reaction score
Had a BBQ yesterday for the missus' birthday.
I'd brewed a SMaSH Citra some time back in preperation for it, and went out and bought a cheap £20 fridge to stand in the garden with beer and ice in it for people to help themselves from. (The fridge will get fitted with a heater and controller very soon!)

Most of my friends know I've started brewing recently and I could see them asking for a glass with a bit of trepidation. However...... all of them to a man were genuinely amazed at how nice it was, you could see it in their eyes as they drank it, and all went back repeatedly to top up throughout the afternoon!

I'm still at a very early stage really, and have a huge amount to learn, but it was great to see people enjoying what I brewed.

What did you brew? I did a similar thing a few weeks ago but had loads of different beers for them to try. It's nice when they put down commercial IPAs and say they'd rather drink what I was bringing. Great thing is there was a real beer nut there who said he'd do notes for my beers - ummmm... maybe a bit soon for that. Then brought out a load of commercial beers and tested us all with them so we all got a little beer education, too. Can't remember much of it as we were absolutely bammed.

It was this recipe, I didn't achieve quite the same efficiency, but it was still 5.7%.
https://beerandbrewing.com/smash-citra-ipa-recipe/

I'm lucky we have a friend who is head brewer at a london brewery, and at their BBQs/parties lots and lots of differnet beers are brought along and unearthed from stashes. it's always an education being there!

I had my brother in law around last night and he thoroughly enjoyed my centennial hopped IPA, "I could happily drink that all night." and he did. He drank it like a session beer though, and at 7% it needs a bit of caution. He phoned in sick today.

Latest posts

Back