So who's growing chillies 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Planting garlic tomorrow and hunting down the chilli seeds leftover from last year. The Seranno‘s were the star and I only used half the packet. If I get a couple of plants out of the seeds that are left I’ll be very happy,

Planting garlic tomorrow and hunting down the chilli seeds leftover from last year. The Seranno‘s were the star and I only used half the packet. If I get a couple of plants out of the seeds that are left I’ll be very happy,
Yeah, 1st year I've grown Serrano this year - really enjoyed them on pizza and in pasta. I've had garlic in a month or so, and they are above ground already 😮

I planted 150 cloves of three types end of September, two types are up but the one I bought from the garlic farm near Inverness is not up at all, either outside or in the greenhouse. I'm assuming it's putting down roots

I don't think I'll be re-using this year's seeds next year. They're only a couple of quid a packet and hopefully haven't been cross-pollinated like the mixture in my greenhouse will have been.

I don't think I'll be re-using this year's seeds next year. They're only a couple of quid a packet and hopefully haven't been cross-pollinated like the mixture in my greenhouse will have been.
It's a fair point. Some species don't cross pollinate with others though (e g. pubescens / rocoto). Also can be interesting to see what weird and wonderful variations you get through accidental cross pollination

Latest posts

Back