So who's growing chillies 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpeg

80,000 on the Scoville scale

I've harvested all my peppers now, the final ripe ones are being dried and the unripe ones I'm lacto fermenting in a vac pack. Cut all the plants and composted them, new varieties for me next year. Not growing kashmiri ever again, far too late to ripen and the green ones taste ****.

What you got there...jalapeño, aji lemondrop, habenaro,apache or bird eye?
I got a few jalapeño left to pick and gherez a plant I'd given up on which has decided to grow and flower...its in the poly tunnel so dunno whether to lift it or leave it.

What you got there...jalapeño, aji lemondrop, habenaro,apache or bird eye?
I got a few jalapeño left to pick and gherez a plant I'd given up on which has decided to grow and flower...its in the poly tunnel so dunno whether to lift it or leave it.
Lemondrop, jalapeno, super tramp, hungarian hotwax and scotch bonnett.

Even though the hotwax isn't hot, I have really enjoyed them. Great stuffed with a garlic/cream cheese mix, wrapped in bacon and chucked on the barbecue. I enjoyed them best when they were pale green. The Scotch bonnets were grown from an asda pepper seed.

Spent all day sorting out the chillies.
Put 2.5lbs of jalapenos on to ferment for a shriracha sauce.
Got Kashmiris and Paper Lanterns drying in the dehydrator, mainly for chilli powder and flakes.
Poblanos will go into the dehydrator tomorrow to make Anchos.
Still got to deal with the super-hots (Scorpions, 7 pots, Reapers, etc.) - already got plenty of fermented hot sauces, so may have to freeze these and deal with them later...

...Must remember not to scratch my nuts tonight!

Going to try and over winter three plants on a window cill this year. Have Habenaro and Birds eye don't know the other apart from its long and hot!

The wife bought me a plant last year and had a good few off them. I dried a few on the radiator and put them away. Got one out earlier this year and took the seeds out, put them in an egg carton with a bit of compost, watered and left on the kitchen window cill. All the seeds grew and had plants of varying size, the biggest about
and all of them have had a decent crop. What amazes me as the chillies have come in different shapes, colours and sizes off one chilli.
I intend to try and keep them for next year and looked on the chilli growers site. The guy mentioned cutting the growth back to the stem when the plants done its bit and they are harvested.
Failing that I will do the same again in the spring.

Staying alive!
Check this guys ytube. Mothin is a very keen gardener and has the answers. I have had plants survive and so has my son without trying. This year I am going to have a serious attempt so they will probably all die!

Latest posts

Back