So who's growing chillies 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine are doing ok - one variety is long, thin and hot, no idea what they are, plus Cayenne and Habanero. Trouble is I had a good germination and now its finding space to grow them.
Wife made a chutney out of last years crop - its a brave man that takes a tea spoon full. Making me sweat thinking about it!

I ended up making candied Jalapeno, just about ready to try. Dried the Cayenne and will just transplant my Birds Eye to a sheltered spot.
001.JPG

006.JPG

In case anyone's interested Seaspring Seeds (the Dorset chilli farm) were featured on Gardeners World last week. It'll still be there on the iPlayer.
Cheers, must look that up. They're really good people, and sell great seeds and plants

I've got some cayenne, jalapeno and "white caterpillar" growing.. interestingly I bought the white caterpillar last year and had zero germination...this year planted 8,all 8 are up...

I've got some cayenne, jalapeno and "white caterpillar" growing.. interestingly I bought the white caterpillar last year and had zero germination...this year planted 8,all 8 are up...
Never heard of White Caterpillar before, but if it is what I know as Turtles Claw (it's also known as Caterpillar) you have got a great pepper. It's hot, but not silly, lovely habanero citrus flavour, it's really productive and has a nice compact growth. One of my faves, and one I'm growing this year 👌Turtle Claw chillies; buy your seed here - Sea Spring Seeds

Never heard of White Caterpillar before, but if it is what I know as Turtles Claw (it's also known as Caterpillar) you have got a great pepper. It's hot, but not silly, lovely habanero citrus flavour, it's really productive and has a nice compact growth. One of my faves, and one I'm growing this year 👌Turtle Claw chillies; buy your seed here - Sea Spring Seeds
That rings a bell!! I hope they keep up..transplanted into pots into my heated greenhouse before going to the polytunnel.

I managed to grow a shitload of tomatillos last year in Glasgow outside, they are very easy to grow
Great! Cuz tomatoes tend not to ripen in my environment. Direct sun is rare.
I wouldn’t want to say it’s always cold here, but, south of us is a big ol’ wall, with scruffy bearded guys walking across the top and glaring at us in our garden......

With regards to aphids in the green house, there is a green method to control it.... Aphidius colemani is an amazing parasitic wasp that stings it's aphid victim and lays its egg directely inside the aphid. ... In a couple of days, the aphid die. My friend has been experimenting with these for a few years and find they work a dream. I got given a few plants inoculated with such wasps and travelled on a train with them flying in all directions under the seats.

Pah! I just been to the greenhouse and summits eaten three of my turtle claws..
This is why I no longer try to garden for any sense of tranquility- I want results.
The last time something ate my peppers my wife found me standing on the couch in my underwear, sweating, wielding a baseball bat and screaming “where are ya?! Ya wee bastards!” At the plants on the window sill.
We never did get our deposit back after the “little book of calm” incident at that apartment.
I understand your frustration....

Back