So who's growing chillies 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've only just started harvesting chillies from this year and I'm already picking what I will grow next year :laugh8: Not going to overwinter any of this years ones as I want to try some new ones, have settled on;

Rocoto Red
Mosquetero ( poblano)
Jalapeno "El Jefe"
Fresno
Aji Marchant
Aji Rico

I've only just started harvesting chillies from this year and I'm already picking what I will grow next year :laugh8: Not going to overwinter any of this years ones as I want to try some new ones, have settled on;

Rocoto Red
Mosquetero ( poblano)
Jalapeno "El Jefe"
Fresno
Aji Marchant
Aji Rico
Do you have a recommendation on where to find the seeds?

Do you have a recommendation on where to find the seeds?

In the UK can recommend:
south devon chilli farm
seaspring seeds
real seeds company

You can also order plugs from them if you don't want to germinate your own

I'm going to use this dutch shop though this year, assuming they can ship to the uk
https://www.pepperseeds.eu/

I've started using my chillies, they're green, and about a month later than usual. Seem hotter than usual this year for some reason, they're in self watering pots so it isn't that I've been treating em mean. Greenhouse is a jungle.... again! 😀
Serrano:
IMG_20210801_210206704.jpg

Supertramp:
IMG_20210801_205852548.jpg

Spike:
IMG_20210801_205950694.jpg

I use one of mine bought from a plant show months ago...Eastern Europe variety is all I can remember...suppose to be red..I picked a pointed, half finger size,wrinkled orange...very fruity and quite hot!

I've started using my chillies, they're green, and about a month later than usual. Seem hotter than usual this year for some reason, they're in self watering pots so it isn't that I've been treating em mean. Greenhouse is a jungle.... again! 😀
Serrano:View attachment 51885
Supertramp:
View attachment 51886
Spike:
View attachment 51887

Impressive!

Only one of my plants were anything like that, but it got slaughtered by snails over the weekend. Got the flowers and all. It's been really successful this year, i've had one chilli so far, brought it in on Friday, 3 year old ran off with it and lost it somewhere.

This is a slow year for me. Too much dull weather in May and June meant the flowers were late and all the rain brought out the slugs. :mad: I'm hoping for a late heatwave to ripen off the fruit.

The cold spring ****** lots of things, thankfully I kept all my plants in my conservatory until early june before I put them into the greenhouse, so they have done quite well. The heatwave though july has helped . Now though we are back to a colder august.....indian summer would be great.

This is a rogue amongst my cayenne. Anyone recognise it?

Attachments

• 20210817_103828.jpg
    20210817_103828.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 71
This is a slow year for me. Too much dull weather in May and June meant the flowers were late and all the rain brought out the slugs. :mad: I'm hoping for a late heatwave to ripen off the fruit.

Glad it's not just me. I grow them every year and this year is just so far behind, normally harvested loads by now but just picking the first ripe ones. I shaded the greenhouse in that week-long heatwave to stop it getting too hot but have just removed it due to lack of sunlight.

A lot of my plants were overwintered and are doing ok, they start maturing a bit earlier. I've picked quite a lot of ripe alleppo, jalapeno and biquinho peppers and have dried/frozen them. The kashmiris from seed though are nowhere near ready, and spaghetti chillis only a couple have matured to red so far.

Guys I have about half doz plants one on the window sill and the rest in the poly and no fruits yet I’ve one with flowers????
Where am I going wrong, this is my third year trying with very little success! I did try over wintering last year but none survived!?

Back