Social media abuse

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheshire Cat

Landlord.
Reaction score
Three Liverpool players Alexander Arnold, Kieta and Mane have been subjected to racial abuse on social media. This follows players at United, Villa and Brentford. This has to be stopped and the perpetrators severely dealt with. The SM companies know who these sick individuals are and must pass this info to the local police.

Its awful that in this day and age people are still using skin colour as a means of having a dig at a football player just because they play for another team, the irony is i bet the people doing this have black players playing for the team they "Support"

I don't use social media much but have reported racial abuse in the past and nothing happens they don't have the manpower to moderate the amount of tweets posted every second so they have to either bring in better blockers and have accounts linked to a real person (i am on twitter and don't use my real name and the name i use is so obviously false someone should have picked it up at registration)

I honestly think its now impossible to stop it they have left it far too late.

Chippy these so called fans are doing it to their own players. So if they think a black player had a bad game they abuse him but not the whites.

I wasn't aware they did it to their own players as well it just proves what morons these oxygen stealers really are.

Other than this Forum and a running forum which I like to visit I don't have any Social Media presence. I am basically living in the 1990's which is just perfect. My wife also does not have any social media presence. I left Facebook about 6 years ago. And as a 46 year old I consider myself too old to be bothered with Instagram and whatever other ones are out there. To be honest I did not post much on it but always felt that it was full of nonsense. People whom I really liked and respected in real life became absolute fools when behind a keyboard. Oversharing, posting ridiculous stuff about themselves or having very strong opinions online about topics which they would never hold a conversation about in public. There is no excuse for anybody forcing agendas or throwing racial abuse or any other form of abuse at anyone else. The same rules should apply on the street, in a bar or restaurant as they do online. Last year Ian Wright was racially abused online on Instagram by a Teenager here in Ireland. Ian Wright was shocked at the level of abuse and quite rightly brought a case against the young man. The police were involved and the case was in every paper, on the news all over and brought great embarrassment to the family. Only after the case went through the courts and realising that the young man had made a very sincere apology including a €500 donation to an anti racist charity did Ian Wright very generously forgave the teenager. This was all because the teenager lost a game of FIFA on his gaming console. EA Sports have permanently banned him from the game. But his life could be ruined, when he starts working all anyone has to do is google his name and the full story is there forever. I know of two people who have lost very good jobs because they simply rang in sick to work and then shared online what they got up to, one was drinking cocktails in an Airport going away for a midweek city break with the girls.
Well done to everyone here and to the moderators, I've only been on this Forum since December and the atmosphere is very friendly, supportive and informative. Thanks.

Social media can be pathetic....I just can't stand those photos people use of themselves,photographing them selves,done in a mirror...or how the girls all look like plastic dolls...same slap,same hair,same pout,same trainers...booooorrrrriiiiing!

I recall a recollection from Shaka Hislop (then West Ham's goalkeeper) about needing petrol one evening in East London and stopping to get some. As soon as he got out and started filling up a load of racial abuse started from a group of youths on the forecourt. He set off to pay when one said, "Hey that's Shaka Hislop!", and they all crowded around him for autographs...

Back