Sodastream connection

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crilly

Reaction score
Have Sodastream changed the connector over the last 2/3 years. Not brewed for a while, my old Sodastream bottle just ran out of gas so I tried to connect the bottle from my new Sodastream I bought a few weeks ago and almost blew my head off, maybe being a bit dramatic. The pin on the newer bottle looks thinner than the older one and more raised.

The answer you are looking for is “No”, Sodastream still use the same thread and the same top.

My guess is that you have either a perished seal, OR, the original seal is still stuck to the last bottle!

Personally, I always check that the seal is intact AND the Regulator is set to 0psi before I connect it to the cylinder.

The most I’ve ever had is a small “Phttt” as the pin on the cylinder is pushed in; plus, after making the Regulator “hand tight” I nip the connection up with a spanner, before connecting the Regulator.

I find the Sodastream system excellent having used it for a number of years.

Enjoy!

Have Sodastream changed the connector over the last 2/3 years. Not brewed for a while, my old Sodastream bottle just ran out of gas so I tried to connect the bottle from my new Sodastream I bought a few weeks ago and almost blew my head off, maybe being a bit dramatic. The pin on the newer bottle looks thinner than the older one and more raised.
Same situation. I just tried to make a connection to a sodastream cylinder. I have a brand new odl regulator and a sodastream adaptor - had to give up because no matter what I do, CO2 is escaping from somewhere.

Same situation. I just tried to make a connection to a sodastream cylinder. I have a brand new odl regulator and a sodastream adaptor - had to give up because no matter what I do, CO2 is escaping from somewhere.
Er … daft question!

Does your connection still have a seal?

It’s really easy to leave a seal on the last cylinder used!

If it has a seal then daft question two!

“Is the regulator turned down to the Minimum Setting?”

If it is then I have no other suggestions.

Latest posts

Back