Sodastream gas - fittings?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dual gauges aren't much help. CO2 in a cylinder is liquid, not a pressurised gas. See CO2 Management Primer

@Tanglefoot was probably referring to the marketting claims it is enough for making 60L of fizzy water ... which it doesn't apparently.

Thanks I was wondering how that worked and whether that was the reason behind people saying they show full... Until they don't.
Is there any other advantage to upgrading the regulator, or in your opinion is the one photo'd sufficient for what I'm aiming to achieve.
Thanks again for the help and thanks @Tanglefoot for the link. I'm tempted by their kegs for when I need to adopt a couple more 😆

The regulator you've got should suffice, and if not turn it up (20-30psi) and feed the output into small secondary regulators attached to the disconnects (which is what I do). E.g.:

20180317_091052_WEB.jpg

(They are Shako NR200L2 regulators, in this case being used as "spunding valves" for beer fermenting in those kegs. The primary, or cylinder, regulator is a fixed 3bar output "aquarium" regulator complete with useless high pressure gauge hence why I had a low pressure gauge and PRV attached to the "bus" lines).

(The disconnects are "pin-lock", not the usual "ball-lock" in-case you're wondering!).

Back