Sodastream refill adapter for in line use

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nhenson22

Reaction score
I have a dual Co2 regulator where I have a dedicated gas line for sealing kegs etc.
I was wondering if there is a solution for refilling sodastream cannisters where I can simply use my second gas line, without having to disconnect the regulator completely? All I have found are the sodastream adapters that connect directly to the co2 cylinder.

Anyone know if this is possible?

Don't do it!

The adapters are connected directly because you are not transferring a gas, you are transferring a liquid. Your regulator will be none too happy about being filled with liquid CO2. Even the small bores of just the adapter makes filling tricky (get everything as cold as possible before filling).

You can fill a cylinder with gas at whatever pressure your cylinder regulator allows (60 PSI or 4 BAR is usual), but it wont last long for high pressure kegs.

Don't do it!

The adapters are connected directly because you are not transferring a gas, you are transferring a liquid. Your regulator will be none too happy about being filled with liquid CO2. Even the small bores of just the adapter makes filling tricky (get everything as cold as possible before filling).

You can fill a cylinder with gas at whatever pressure your cylinder regulator allows (60 PSI or 4 BAR is usual), but it wont last long for high pressure kegs.

Thanks, that's all I needed to be told, don't do it!

I didn't want to really faff about with removing the regulator each time. Might be time to get a second CO2 cylinder, always good to have a back up ready anyway, this will be the justification to go and get one.

Latest posts

Back