Sodium Percarbonate where to buy?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you rinse with warm water the residue should come off.

For those of you wanting to go the extra mile, Sodium Percarbonate 70 % , Sodium Metasilicate 25% and EDTA 5% will get you very close to PBW.
At a fraction of the cost.

Also substitute the sodium percarbonate at half the quantity of Vanish oxy action in the washing.

My water is ludicrously hard (350ppm HCO3) and touch wood I don't seem to have had any trouble.
I know there's an issue with ChemSan though - it goes cloudy - so I use RO for that.
Sorry to hijack the thread but My Chemsan goes cloudy but never had a problem, should I be concerned?
Also I don’t use any water adjustment but given the reaction should I? Was wondering if this effects my mash efficiencies as the are usual a few points lower than the recipe?

Sorry to hijack the thread but My Chemsan goes cloudy but never had a problem, should I be concerned?
Also I don’t use any water adjustment but given the reaction should I? Was wondering if this effects my mash efficiencies as the are usual a few points lower than the recipe?
See Cloudy Chemsan

Use spotless water if you can find a supply close to you, it's very cheap!
https://www.spotlesswater.co.uk/

Latest posts

Back