Quantcast

Solomon Grundy Apricot 6 Bottle Wine Kit

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Mr_S_Jerusalem

Landlord.
Reaction score
So recently I made this (yes this time I actually followed the instructions and didn't ditch them half way through)

Bottled it about a month ago, thought I'd crack open a bottle over the weekend and see how it is.

Even though I managed to bottled it slightly hazy so it has a wee bit of sediment in there, it's actually a really tasty bottle.

Especially chilled. You really get a nice apricot flavour there and it goes down real smooth.

No idea what percentage it is as I rarely check these things, but it was definitely alcoholic and it stuck to the glass as they say.

I managed to get the full 6 bottles out of it as well which I was very happy with.

Highly recommend this, easy to make, very nice to drink.

Pretty reasonably priced too as I recall.

You definitely have to leave it longer than a week to ferment though. I think I gave mine a month before I bottled it.

Grendel

Reaction score
I have one fermenting now. Just noticed it has stopped bubbling so might be ready for next step...

Glad to know they turn out decent

Grendel

Reaction score
So recently I made this (yes this time I actually followed the instructions and didn't ditch them half way through)

Bottled it about a month ago, thought I'd crack open a bottle over the weekend and see how it is.

Even though I managed to bottled it slightly hazy so it has a wee bit of sediment in there, it's actually a really tasty bottle.

Especially chilled. You really get a nice apricot flavour there and it goes down real smooth.

No idea what percentage it is as I rarely check these things, but it was definitely alcoholic and it stuck to the glass as they say.

I managed to get the full 6 bottles out of it as well which I was very happy with.

Highly recommend this, easy to make, very nice to drink.

Pretty reasonably priced too as I recall.

You definitely have to leave it longer than a week to ferment though. I think I gave mine a month before I bottled it.
Finally opened a bottle after about a 3 weeks in the bottle. Very impressed and have had a request to make more. It seemed clear at bottling but I also ended up with sediment in the bottles.
I need to know how you got 6 bottles I got 4 and a bit...

Mr_S_Jerusalem

Landlord.
Reaction score
Finally opened a bottle after about a 3 weeks in the bottle. Very impressed and have had a request to make more. It seemed clear at bottling but I also ended up with sediment in the bottles.
I need to know how you got 6 bottles I got 4 and a bit...
4 and a bit is a puzzle to me lol

I just fermented it in a standard sized 4.5 litre demijohn, it had about a cm of sediment on the bottom as I recall, so there wasn’t much to get picked up when siphoning it off.
Mine was hazy because I was impatient and bottled it too early lol.

Grendel

Reaction score
Well I should have mentioned the volcano eruption on day 2 of fermentation maybe I lost a bottle. I’m also Probably leave A lot than I should with the sediment. Planning to get a filter though so hopefully will get to 6