Some football fans are morons.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Most football fans are decent people who enjoy the game then there are the morons who do stuff like this -

I believe it wasn't his house where they left it. aheadbutt

Police investigate as threatening banner left near home of Rafa Benitez following links to Everton manager job

1624902535633.png

A threatening banner left near the home of Rafa Benitez is being investigated by police.

The Spaniard is expected to be announced as the next Everton manager following Carlo Ancelotti's exit at the beginning of the June.

The homemade sign, written on a white bedsheet, reads: "We know where you live. Don't sign", and follows a number of other protests at the potential hiring of the former Liverpool manager.

Banners have previously been placed outside Goodison Park, including one which read: "Listen to the fans. No to Rafa. NSNO".

Merseyside Police have now confirmed it is investigating the threatening banner, which was left on a driveway in Caldy, in Wirral.

Detective Inspector Darren Taylor said: "This message has understandably caused some distress and worry for residents in the area.

"Due to the football language used, we suspect that it was aimed at Rafa Benitez - but whoever placed the message left it outside the wrong house."If anyone has information about who produced the banner or helped to put it up, please let us know as soon as possible."

CCTV and witness enquiries are now being carried out in the area.

Benitez, 61, was Liverpool manager between 2004 and 2010, where he guided the team to Champions League victory in 2005, won the FA Cup in 2006 and reached the 2007 Champions League Final.

After leaving Liverpool he took on roles with Inter Milan, Chelsea, Napoli, Real Madrid, and most recently, Newcastle United and Chinese Super League club Dalian Professional.

Everton are on the hunt for their sixth permanent manager in five years after Ancelotti left for Real Madrid midway through four-and-a-half-year contract.

Any person with information in relation to this crime, or CCTV footage from the Caldy area, is encouraged to contact police via 101, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 with reference 21000449810.

Only the Brazilians, particularly in Pele's time, called it that. It seems to have spread for, perhaps, obvious reasons, but it's nonsense.

Defenders cannot tackle as players go to ground like they have been shot, linesmen/women not flagging offside due to VAR its all ******** (and i am a fan) i agree its a long time since it was anything like the beautiful game.

You should have gone to a Warrington vs Widnes match to experience real hatred.

I am not saying rugby fans don't dislike their opposing fans but as far as i know they never get into the sort of violence football fans are well known for, i guess its because the violence is on the field.

You should have gone to a Warrington vs Widnes match to experience real hatred.

My job as a train driver led me once to be working the last train out of Warrington on an evening when Widnes had beaten them. To this day it remains the worst train I have ever worked. The "fans" smashed the train to pieces and then a brawl on a massive scale took place on the platform. It took the Police over an hour and numerous reinforcements to finally quell the mob. A horrible day but idiots will be idiots whatever the sport sadly.

Ta. Thought Widnes was a league team. Guess it's a different sort of game/supporter. 🙂

I'm in NZ and have fond memories of attending rugby matches in the UK, and enjoying the banter with fans. Loved a 5 nations (as it was then) fixture in Dublin, and really appreciated the hospitality I was shown at an All Blacks match at Murrayfield. On the whole most supporters here are not too boorish. Always amazed at the passion/lunacy shown by soccer/football fans...
Love my sport but it's only a game.

On the whole most supporters here are not too boorish. Always amazed at the passion/lunacy shown by soccer/football fans...
Similar thoughts. Moving to Southampton from Geelong at the tender age of 14 after a healthy upbringing on Australian Rules was something of a shock. Never really understand what all the "We are the Milton Boot Boys" and "aggro" was about at The Dell. Never really got into the game anyway, seems a bit soft. Having said that, I had no contact at all with rugby. Must have gone to the wrong school.

Latest posts

Back