Some football fans are morons.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geelong is true-blue AFL territory. I finally understood the game after attending some with my Aussie bro-in-law. Never understood it until he explained things, always looked like a mob of seagulls fighting over a chip... :D

Geelong is true-blue AFL territory. I finally understood the game after attending some with my Aussie bro-in-law. Never understood it until he explained things, always looked like a mob of seagulls fighting over a chip... :D
Isn't that the same with rugby, too, but more so.
What I've never, ever understood is American football! I really must look up the rules sometime and try to figure out when the players are allowed to move.

Ta. Thought Widnes was a league team. Guess it's a different sort of game/supporter. 🙂

I'm in NZ and have fond memories of attending rugby matches in the UK, and enjoying the banter with fans. Loved a 5 nations (as it was then) fixture in Dublin, and really appreciated the hospitality I was shown at an All Blacks match at Murrayfield. On the whole most supporters here are not too boorish. Always amazed at the passion/lunacy shown by soccer/football fans...
Love my sport but it's only a game.
I agree. For some reason football attracts particularly intense tribalism that doesn’t seem to occur much with other spectator sports. Apart from some Rugby League fixtures, evidently.

Back