Some help with method on first AG brew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sparge went well, I kept it about an inch above the grain bed, took about 25 mins.

Pre boil gravity 1036.

Nice rolling boil coming to an end shortly.

I seem to have an extra bag if hops though. It’s on the packing list but not on the recipe/method.

All good so far though.

Lol, I had a really nice day, all the advice and prep help tremendously. Really, I had no problems at all, I feel really lucky.

The bits that went a bit off course, were my doing, such as putting the 6g of hops in with the grain at the start. It was supposed to be in at the beginning of the boil, other than that, great.

It’s bubbling away nicely now😊

It turned out at 1044, so if it finishes at the target 1010’ it will be around 4.46.

Higher than the 3.8 I was hoping for, I’m guessing that was down to the extra half a kilo of grain they sent, just happy it went well.

Glad to hear everything went ok, you will learn so much from the first brew, that will help you on the homebrew journey.

Couldn’t wait lol.
I don’t know enough to know what all this means, but this is a screenshot of the results.

Attachments

• 700E3038-929D-426A-B47D-E87A400B3C1F.png
    700E3038-929D-426A-B47D-E87A400B3C1F.png
    217.8 KB · Views: 70

Latest posts

Back