Some sellers taking the mickey with prices

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B2B are awesome. However some places delivery charges are ridiculous. I've said before in another thread but I'm going to rant now. Dark rock brewing £19 delivery for one their ingredients buckets . Had to delete my shopping basket. I also placed an order for eight beers from Hawkshead Brewery to then get emailed that the courier was now going to charge £20. Order cancelled.
I appreciate that the outlet may absorb some of these costs at times, but the couriers are taking the mick 😡

Did some maths at the weekend on how many bottles of wine and pints of beer/cider worth of kits we've supplied since Bozza closed the pubs....

Up until Friday evening we've sent enough kits out to make this...

390,330 bottles of wine
1,165,400 pints of beer/cider

So thanks again everyone for the patience you've shown when we were a little slower getting deliveries out over the last few months. It's still hectic but once it settles down a little more I'll see what we can do by way of a thank you to you guys :)

One thing I've noticed is that the price of swing top bottles has shot up everywhere. I might just order some buegelflaschen of kellerbier from bier-de and enjoy the contents.

Did some maths at the weekend on how many bottles of wine and pints of beer/cider worth of kits we've supplied since Bozza closed the pubs....

Up until Friday evening we've sent enough kits out to make this...

390,330 bottles of wine
1,165,400 pints of beer/cider

So thanks again everyone for the patience you've shown when we were a little slower getting deliveries out over the last few months. It's still hectic but once it settles down a little more I'll see what we can do by way of a thank you to you guys :)

Great work! I placed an order last week and it arrived 23hrs 56 minutes later - great, and thank you!

We have around 1,000 cases of swing tops arriving in about 2 weeks :)
Thanks for the tip - although I did afterwards discover that I have enough 'ordinary' empties for my next brew, so I may well order a bench capper from you. Although I do sort of like the 'theatre' of popping off a swingtop :cool:

At the height of the surge in orders, our order from brew2b was 7 days from order to arrival.

Had worse than that over the years from parcelfarce without a crisis.

Other orders from them recently were quicker.

A well done from me too.

B2B do say it's five days for delivery - five working days, but the cost is lower than anyone else!

Hi guys

The 5 days really comes down to which day you order on. We've taken on loads of extra elves in the warehouse over the last 4 months so are well on top of getting deliveries out now and aren't having to work 7 days a week. Because of this though it means we have a backlog of orders to ship on a Monday morning when we get back in which takes us a couple of days to clear. This means if you place an order on a Monday on standard shipping it will be in a bit of a queue, but if you placed the same order on a Thursday or Friday that queue is a lot smaller, almost non-existent by Friday lunch time, and we'll get your package dispatched in a shorter period of time from you placing the order.

It's all in the timing :)

Thanks

Quick heads up as well guys... we're getting around 800 short dated Black Rock kits in, hopefully Friday... they'll be selling @ £7.95 each ;)

Bock, Miners Stout, Pale Ale, Export Pilsener, Lager and Whispering Wheat... there'll be a few Bulldog War Hero IPA's as well

Hi guys

The 5 days really comes down to which day you order on. We've taken on loads of extra elves in the warehouse over the last 4 months so are well on top of getting deliveries out now and aren't having to work 7 days a week. Because of this though it means we have a backlog of orders to ship on a Monday morning when we get back in which takes us a couple of days to clear. This means if you place an order on a Monday on standard shipping it will be in a bit of a queue, but if you placed the same order on a Thursday or Friday that queue is a lot smaller, almost non-existent by Friday lunch time, and we'll get your package dispatched in a shorter period of time from you placing the order.

It's all in the timing :)

Thanks
How many full-time employees do you have. It seems that business is good!

Directly involved with Brew2Bottle there are around 25 of us including customer service, finance, marketing, purchasing and warehouse... it's big growth for us, this time last year we had 4 in the warehouse, now we have 14.

We have loads more products planned for you guys as well ;)

Its crazy when bricks and mortar shops are cheaper than online , its meant to be the other way round

Latest posts

Back