Some suggestions about how to connect the wifi with the Inkbird ITC-308 Wifi temperature controller

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inkbird

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi all,
Here are some suggestions about how to connect the wifi well with the Inkbird ITC-308 Wifi temperature controller, hope it can help you a bit.
1. If you use the iphone, please log in to icloud first.Or you can registere and set up on an android phone, then log in successfully to that new account on your iPhone.
2. Please make sure the phone is connected to the 2.4GHz wifi.
Most routers are now duel band both 2.4 & 5.0 ghz, so you need to ensure they are both on the same frequency.You can separate routers if you go into the admin setting so it appears as if you have two wi fi connecions.You can also check which device is using which frequency. This is a common problem with a number of smart devices now .You can do that by logging into the router, selecting the WiFi configuration and changing the SSID. Here is a Youtube link:
3. Press up button to quickly flash the Wifi indicator on the Wifi temp controller. If it flashes slowly, it is in AP mode.
4. Ensure smooth network.
5. Wifi password is correct.
6. Please test with Inkbird Smart and Inkbird Pro app
7. The anti virus on your phone does not block the app.
8. The encryption method was WPA/ WPA2-PSK
Any question when using the Inkbird units, pls feel free to contact us. :) acheers.
The product link for the Inkbird ITC-308 Wifi:https://www.amazon.co.uk/Inkbird-Temperature-Controller-Wireless-Smartphone/dp/B07Q2M1CDS
Regards

Hi all,
Here are some suggestions about how to connect the wifi well with the Inkbird ITC-308 Wifi temperature controller, hope it can help you a bit.
1. If you use the iphone, please log in to icloud first.Or you can registere and set up on an android phone, then log in successfully to that new account on your iPhone.
2. Please make sure the phone is connected to the 2.4GHz wifi.
Most routers are now duel band both 2.4 & 5.0 ghz, so you need to ensure they are both on the same frequency.You can separate routers if you go into the admin setting so it appears as if you have two wi fi connecions.You can also check which device is using which frequency. This is a common problem with a number of smart devices now .You can do that by logging into the router, selecting the WiFi configuration and changing the SSID. Here is a Youtube link:
3. Press up button to quickly flash the Wifi indicator on the Wifi temp controller. If it flashes slowly, it is in AP mode.
4. Ensure smooth network.
5. Wifi password is correct.
6. Please test with Inkbird Smart and Inkbird Pro app
7. The anti virus on your phone does not block the app.
8. The encryption method was WPA/ WPA2-PSK
Any question when using the Inkbird units, pls feel free to contact us. :) acheers.
The product link for the Inkbird ITC-308 Wifi:Inkbird ITC-308 WiFi Thermostat Digital Temperature Controller Smart Thermostat with Wireless Alarm for Cooling Heating Control Homebrewing Greenhouse Hydroponics Reptile Vivarium Incubation: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home
Regards

Thank you I had not seen this

I will study it and see how far I can get

Hello All

Thank you all for helping me sort this out, I just gave up with it yesterday

The good news is that it is now working
:groupdancing:

A fellow forum member @chopps offered to come round to my house this morning to help sort it

He asked me to show him what I had been doing - and guess what it just connected! The only difference was that instead of being in the living room where the router is we were in the kitchen (where there is a BT wi-fi extender disc)

So this means one of two things either

- chopps has mystical, magical powers
- or for some reason it would connect to an extender but not the actual hub (my router ui shows me that it is connected to the disc rather than directly to the hub)

Many thanks all

Latest posts

Back