Sorry i need help

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

country joe

Reaction score
I brewed a Wood fords Wherry but unfortunately when I added my primer sugar I had a tap leak so my brew was flat, and i had to use my gas.
I now have quite a bit of beer in the keg but no gas, will have to send away bottle for refill, don't want to lose beer in keg, can i add a sugar solution to prime beer and keep it good, I have sorted out leaking tap

Yeah, it's ok to add more sugar. So long as the alcohol level isn't ridiculously high your yeast will consume it and produce some fizz.

I brewed a Wood fords Wherry but unfortunately when I added my primer sugar I had a tap leak so my brew was flat, and i had to use my gas.
I now have quite a bit of beer in the keg but no gas, will have to send away bottle for refill, don't want to lose beer in keg, can i add a sugar solution to prime beer and keep it good, I have sorted out leaking tap

Yeah, just add 75-80g of sugar to start with - a Wherry kit makes a fairly light beer in alcohol and any brewed beer is pretty resilient, even at ~ 4% ABV .

Latest posts

Back