SOS to ozzy brewers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi @Buffers brewery
I guess you're safely home now. Just a reminder that the lads down under were hoping for a full report on what you thought of their beer.
Glad you had a great time.
Hi @An Ankoù . Yes, been home and done a brew and well over jet lag now. Didn’t realise you wanted a “full report” on my thoughts on ozzy beer over and above my blog above ashock1. I’ll do a cut and paste later if that’s okathumb..

Hi @An Ankoù . Yes, been home and done a brew and well over jet lag now. Didn’t realise you wanted a “full report” on my thoughts on ozzy beer over and above my blog above ashock1. I’ll do a cut and paste later if that’s okathumb..
Cool.
One of the members over there asked for your thoughts on their beer and I said I'd ask you. Whatever you send I'll stick it on the end of the thread, thanks.
Edit.
Yeah, it was just to answer this:

An Ankou, looks like your mate from England might be line for an epic Sydney pub crawl to discover our best current offerings that suit his palate. Maybe let us know what he discovers. Would be interesting to hear an outsider's view on our beers.

Just a quick recap for our Aussie brew brothers and sisters after my recent trip to catch up with my family after more than two long years of covid. First things first…it was great to see my grandkids “in the flesh” and catch up with my family. My daughter is the best! She got three packs of beers in for when I arrived and was keen to visit their local breweries with me.

The beers I tried were (canned or bottled)..
Stone & Wood - Pacific Ale and Cloud Catcher
Young Henrys - Newtowner
LAB Brewing - Phoenix Aussie IPA
Garage Project - Dry Haze
Bracket - Bandwagon Cold IPA
Balter - XPA
Dad & Dave’s Brewing - Pale ale
7th Day Brewery - Pale ale
Fat Yak

and on tap….

Bucketteys Brewery Brookvale NSW - West Coast IPA
Bucketteys Brewery Brookvale NSW - Pale ale
Modus Brewery Mada Vale NSW - a platter (flight) of six beers:-
Cervesa
XPA
Sonic Prayer
Red IPA
White Space
Hyperdrive

7th Day Brewery Brookvale NSW - Hazy IPA
Four Pines pub/brewery Manly - Cold IPA

Like the UK, there’s a lot of choice. I’m a pale ale, IPA, Hazy IPA and bitter drinker so was well catered for. Didn’t have any “bad” beers. The Dad & Dave’s pale ale wasn’t to my taste. I had four and they didn’t improve :laugh8:. The best canned/bottled beer for me was the Balter XPA. Really good balance and very moreish.

The brewery experience was great with Brookvale appearing to be the micro-brewery centre of NSW, not just serving a goodly selection of beers but also grub! The Hazy IPA from 7th Day brewery, Cold IPA from Four Pines and XPA from Modus were all great beers, as good as I’ve tasted in California and New York and my local brewery in Arundel :beer1:.

I’ll certainly be revisiting the local breweries when I go back, hopefully early next year.

Back