Sour Nelson Single Hop

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewnaldo

Landlord.
Reaction score
I would like my next brew to be a sour. I intend using Philly Sour yeast bith becasue its an easy gateway into sourness and also wont contaminate any of my kit....

Playing with Brewfather to come up with a recipe that roughly looks like Pale Malt and Vienna to an OG of around 1.050. Possibly some TW or carapils for head retention. I was also considering oats for mouthfeel? How would that play eith the acid?

Re hops, im looking at Nelson Sauvin alone, almost NEIPA style low (but not zero) 60 min for bitterness, maybe 15-20 IBU or so and a load of hopstand and Dry Hop additoins. Is there an issue with low bittering against sourness though?

Any thoughts appreciated

I'm also going to try a sour using Philly Sour in the near future. Same thing re: how much hop to add - I would have thought it would be fairly low. I'm sort of planning to split the batch into 4 demijohns and add different fruit additions to each one. Be good to share our experiences on here.

Latest posts

Back