South Cheshire Ingredients Buying Club

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to congratulate the SCIBC on getting this up and running there are 20 threads in the group buying forum (set up in 2015) i don't remember any other group getting to this stage.

Last edited:
If they bothered to reply that might be an option. OB contacted around 8 and only two even responded.
This isn't a charity campaign to save the breweries, it's about saving money for the group.
Some of whom I'm sure have been personally affected financially too.
Charity begins at home.
If I have cash to spare, I willingly spend it locally at all manner of small businesses. If I don't then I go to Aldi.

Quite right, I've lost a lot of wages and life has changed dramatically since this years restrictions etc.
Part of the reason I've returned to home brewing.
I will probably never get to the level of mashing, mead, hops and whatever witchcraft goes on lol but it's nice to see folk coming together and helping one another.
Surely thats the point of the forum.
Well done ✅👍😁

Everyone has now collected their ingredients

Great to actually meet you all

Owing to some people paying the VAT inclusive price and others not taking change when paying by cash are left with a credit to the tune of £14.21 as follows

Chopps £3.48
Georgie £2.97
Cheshire Cat £1.40
Falco £2.76
NPi £3.59

As you know we are planning another buy mid February time, so we can begin then with these credits

Best Wishes all

Everyone has now collected their ingredients

Great to actually meet you all

Owing to some people paying the VAT inclusive price and others not taking change when paying by cash are left with a credit to the tune of £14.21 as follows

Chopps £3.48
Georgie £2.97
Cheshire Cat £1.40
Falco £2.76
NPi £3.59

As you know we are planning another buy mid February time, so we can begin then with these credits

Best Wishes all
Thanks again OB.

I must commend you on all on your for what you have put together in such a short space of time with communication, investigation, accounting and the additional benefits of social interaction be it just putting a face to name. Cost saving at the minute is critical for most but the team effort for the buy and distribution set up all reads like clockwork but there was a lot of administrative hours behind it all.
Excellent stuff :hat:

Hi Guys,

Shroppie from Middlewich here,
I brew lagers mostly so could use a few sacks of lager malt and I can pick up
the Munich malt to finish off that sack. (not done one for a while).
It looks as though we are not far apart?
Cheers

Hi Guys,

Cheers
Welcome Shroppie sounds like your not a Cheshire man and welcome.

Hi Guys,

Cheers
Hi Shroppie - indeed we are not too far away

I will log your interest and pm you in January

Our current plan is to actually buy last week in January time

Munton's have agreed to supply us direct and their prices do reflect a price increase - due according to them to a bad harvest this year

Our plan is to confirm prices with them and Staffordshire Brewery early in January to see where we can find the best deal. We are currently looking at more than 1.5 tonnes of malt and we would expect Muntons to sharpen their pencil a bit

If we go with Muntons we would intend the still buy the other items i.e. yeast, caps and kegs from SB

So I will PM everyone mid January time with confirmed prices and ask for a definite commitment at that point so we can go ahead and place an order end January

Muntons would deliver to me here in Sandbach whilst we would probably have to collect from SB

So I am hoping that we can arrange for a few of us to be around on delivery/collection day to sort it all out

Hopefully when all this Covid stuff is over we could meet up for a pint - with the Sandbach gang

Hi Shroppie - indeed we are not too far away

I will log your interest and pm you in January

Our current plan is to actually buy last week in January time

Munton's have agreed to supply us direct and their prices do reflect a price increase - due according to them to a bad harvest this year

Our plan is to confirm prices with them and Staffordshire Brewery early in January to see where we can find the best deal. We are currently looking at more than 1.5 tonnes of malt and we would expect Muntons to sharpen their pencil a bit

If we go with Muntons we would intend the still buy the other items i.e. yeast, caps and kegs from SB

So I will PM everyone mid January time with confirmed prices and ask for a definite commitment at that point so we can go ahead and place an order end January

Muntons would deliver to me here in Sandbach whilst we would probably have to collect from SB

So I am hoping that we can arrange for a few of us to be around on delivery/collection day to sort it all out

Hopefully when all this Covid stuff is over we could meet up for a pint - with the Sandbach gang
Homebrew discount stores...:groupdancing::groupdancing:

Latest posts

Back