Spacex Rockets Landing

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saisonator

Landlord.
Reaction score
I didn't realise they could do this, imagine how precise the timing has to be when they are coming in at that speed!

The timing is one thing but it's the fine control over the rocket engines that are basically directed explosions just blows me away. Have you seen the one where they land at sea on a floating, i.e. moving, pad? There's a compilation here, including a few where they failed. Actually the middle rocket of the recent 'heavy' launch crashed on landing but two out of three ain't bad for an experimental launch.

The whole Falcon Heavy launch was one of the greatest things I've seen in years. Awe inspiring stuff.

This was great. I let my 4yo son stay up late to watch it. The look on his face. Probably wasn't far off the look on mine to be fair.

Awesome rocket. I remember staying up all night to watch the first moon landing - and fell asleep in front of the TV about 10 minutes before they landed...

No...because the dust cloud on touch down would drop instead of rising....
There is a lot of talk of it being fake/cgi. ...for me the first booster fire didn' t look right...also would the sonic Boom be that delayed?
All said the stealth bombers theoretically can't fly in the conventional way an aircraft does...the pitch and yaw is all computer controlled.
If it's true this is science fiction happening...a second space race..

Don't forget all this takes place in America not North Korea. It all goes on in full view of the general public. Got any doubts and a fancy a holiday in Florida? You can go and watch the take-offs and landings yourself from vantage points as close as 4 miles away.

No...because the dust cloud on touch down would drop instead of rising....
There is a lot of talk of it being fake/cgi. ...for me the first booster fire didn' t look right...also would the sonic Boom be that delayed?
All said the stealth bombers theoretically can't fly in the conventional way an aircraft does...the pitch and yaw is all computer controlled.
If it's true this is science fiction happening...a second space race..

Attachments

• IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 94
I was lucky enough to watch a falcon launch last year in Florida. It is truly awesome and even from such a distance you can feel the incredible power.
Wish I could have been there for the falcon heavy!

Curious how Elon Musk is the man behind environmentally friendly Tesla electric cars but has no problem burning a vast amounts of fuel to get tourists into space, eventually. I'm sure I could drive my car for the rest of my days and burn less fuel than it would take to get me into orbit just once. Or is the rocket fuel hydrogen? A by product of refining oil?

Latest posts

Back