Sparkling Wine in a Cornelius Keg

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgrds

Reaction score
I've got a few Cornelius Kegs I use for brewing beer. Well I had one empty and decided to try putting some of Rose Wine (a Grenache from a Beaverdale kit) into one and carbonating it - worked a treat ! Chilled sparkling rose on tap for the hot weather! Can't be bad I made sure it was completely clear and drinkable before kegging it.

I recommend any brewers to give it a go - just make sure you have taps that can with stand the acid (stainless steel) or clean out your taps after every use!

Anyone else done this ?

Cheers

Mark

I did it once with an out of date wine kit I only made as it was free. Issue I found was the tap is designed to put some head on the beer which knocked the carbonation out of the wine.

Some wines really change flavour when carbonated. I had a chardonnay that was alright as is but foul when fizzy. Don't know if it was the cabonic acid or the bubbles expressing the flavour more.

I was playing with a new carbonation cap last week and fizzed up a pet bottle of white wine, this wine was improved with a bit of fizz.

Back