Sparkling wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luvabeer

Reaction score
hi all
I’m new to brewing have only done a couple of beers. Now that the boss of the household as noticed my enjoyment she wants me to attempt sparkling white wines
I’ve just got myself some demijohns. Can anyone please recommend a kit any advice will be much appreciated
Cheers

If you are going to make sparkling wine you are going to have a few challenges (because its sparkling) that the rest of us don't suffer when making kits, just a suggestion why not make a kit first to get used to the method etc and see how it goes, which non sparkling wines does she like?

You could do a normal kit and add a little sugar to a few bottles (make sure they can take some pressure) and see how they compare.

I have made a kit white wine which is being enjoyed as a fizzy prosecco style by my wife at the moment. I carbonate using a pub gas bottle and a carbonation cap. It is really simple, I transfer the chilled wine to a one litre soft drink bottle and squeeze the air out, tighten the carbonation cap, connect to the gas at 30psi and shake for 10 seconds. Job done

If you are going to use corks you will need to buy wire cages to stop them being blown out otherwise its screw top bottles but as has been said make sure they are designed to hold that much pressure.

Latest posts

Back