Spectrum Liquid hops

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Braufather

Landlord.
Reaction score
I cant find much on this, other than a GEB sponsors thread that has been closed down.

Has anybody tried this product yet? would they recommend it?

IainM

Landlord.
Reaction score
Bump. Just saw this for sale at the malt miller and I'm curious but can't find any info on it anywhere.

Snoop

Reaction score
I've recently used them. I've not kegged the beer yet so can't really say much about the flavour. But I will say that they are a pain in the **** to get into the beer! Suggesting they are soluble in cold beer is rediculous. I had to mix them with warm water and even then they didn't easily dissolve.

Once I worked that was done they looked like milky tea which was a bit odd. Got another 15ml to try. Fingers crossed they work as described as I'd love to replace the dry hops in the neipas I make as I end up losing about 7 litres of beer.

IainM

Landlord.
Reaction score
I've recently used them. I've not kegged the beer yet so can't really say much about the flavour. But I will say that they are a pain in the **** to get into the beer! Suggesting they are soluble in cold beer is rediculous. I had to mix them with warm water and even then they didn't easily dissolve.

Once I worked that was done they looked like milky tea which was a bit odd. Got another 15ml to try. Fingers crossed they work as described as I'd love to replace the dry hops in the neipas I make as I end up losing about 7 litres of beer.
Excellent, I look forward to hearing how the beer turns out. The thought of stirring into water first seems like a sure way to get oxygen into them.

Snoop

Reaction score
Excellent, I look forward to hearing how the beer turns out. The thought of stirring into water first seems like a sure way to get oxygen into them.
You boil the water first to get rid of the o2.

Reaction score

How did you get on,, are they any good ?

Snoop

Reaction score
How did you get on,, are they any good ?
well, defo don’t keg hop with them! They just sank to the bottom and ruined the beer for at least the first third.
I haven’t bothered since those 2 brews. They are just a PITA to dissolve and get into the beer. They taste good tho when you manage it.

Reaction score
well, defo don’t keg hop with them! They just sank to the bottom and ruined the beer for at least the first third.
I haven’t bothered since those 2 brews. They are just a PITA to dissolve and get into the beer. They taste good tho when you manage it.
Il keep away , thanks for reply

Snoop

Reaction score
It was mostly user error I suspect. I’m sure they do what they say when you get the hang of how to use them.

Latest posts