Speidel 30l fermenter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've bough a Speidel 30l fermenter and would like to use the spigot to transfer to a bottling bucket, which size and type of tubing are people using for this or am I better off getting an auto syphon.

TIA,
London.

Is this the one that looks a bit like a pressure barrel?

I have one and I just bottle straight from primary with it with no issues. My bottling wand just fits the tap if I take the white plastic trim off the top.

Yes it looks like a PB, but I want to batch prime as putting sugar into the bottles drives me mad.

I just posted the below on another thread. Might be something to consider. I'm pretty sure I've read @MickDundee saying he does this also - he might actually be where I got the inspiration from.

"Recently I've taken to adding the appropriate amount of dextrose to the FV, waiting 20-30 mins then bottling straight from the FV. Carbonation has been spot on/even throughout the batch and it removes the need to rack to another vessel before bottling."

I've bough a Speidel 30l fermenter and would like to use the spigot to transfer to a bottling bucket, which size and type of tubing are people using for this or am I better off getting an auto syphon.

TIA,
London.

3/8 tubing instead width i think and it fits like a glove- same tubing not so go with my brewbucket= i'm just going to check my order history to confirm

No worries. Just confirming that’s the inside width measurement not total width measurement. That’s the ID.

I get 25L 6% turbo cider in but it depends on crausen. 23 for 6.0% AIPA.

Tip1; get another tap and use into a blow off instead of the bubbler. I use the same silicon tube I dispense into kegs with cleaned 1 litre co-op mt tonic bottle with a bit of Starsan.

Tip2; You can also seal the wort once inoculated with yeast solution @ 21-25*C Tip on side and do the shakey-shakey for one min to aerate. (remembering to re-open,,, aheadbutt) Any good rock track helps! Ferments like billyo!athumb..

Thanks for the tips Druncan, I have the capacity to make 28L of wort, I just wish there was a good middle of the range 35-40L fermenter to put it in.

Back