Speidel 30l lid seal

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The seal on my speidel fermenter has got bigger after soaking in Oxy and now won't seal, what the best replacement for it another speidel or are there better options out there.

TIA
London.

The seal on my speidel fermenter has got bigger after soaking in Oxy and now won't seal, what the best replacement for it another speidel or are there better options out there.

TIA
London.
Funny you should mention this..... i had the same with one of my speidel fermenters too. They are cheap to buy, but postage is ridiculous. So I’m keeping one of my fermenters as a spare, and remember not to soak the only spare seal i have left! But I’m sure the seal isn’t too important? and you could still use it

Ahhh i actually thought about cutting it down a little and using super glue or melting it together etc? There is a uk stockist that has all the spares which I’ve used before, but just for that seal isn’t worth paying the £7.50 shipping charge! One of my speidel fermenters is a right concoction! I’ve fitted it with a corny gas in post and fitted an SS brewtech racking arm so i can use it for pressure transfer to my corny kegs athumb.. it works a treat. These hold good pressure

Someone on a USA forum has had the same problem and posted this link for replacements, I've orderded 4 and with 1st class postage they cost $8.46, I'll update when I get them. Thanks for your imput.

http://www.oringsandmore.com/silicone-o-rings-size-248-price-for-5-pcs/

These arrived today just in time as I was dry hopping, I ended up with 8 as they're sold in 2s, they're much better that the Speidel ones and a lot cheaper at just over a dollar each delivered.

Latest posts

Back