Spotless Water

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I notice that Spotless have modified their advice regarding human consumption in respect of brewing. It now says...

Our water pure isn’t tested for human consumption so we do not recommend you drink it!

If it is remineralised as such in the process of home brewing, then once you have carried out the correct testing, our water may be consumable once additional elements are mixed in.

Love the fact that during history people were drinking beer to stay alive as the dirty water was boiled in the process, killing a lot of bacteria and stuff in the water. Spotless water is fine and after putting in your salts or diluting with you own tap water it will still be perfect to drink after the beer making process, can't think of anything that would be alive after a 90min boil lol.
I'm going to try it, I will let you know how I get on.

I've used it for the past two brews now, even though I have an RO setup as well.. I felt bad using my RO setup during the summer because of all the waste water it produces (even though I captured most of it and put it in my water butt, but still)

Also, the spotless water is perfect to use for your chemsan/starsan mix as well.. doesn't go cloudy or slimey if you have hard water.

I'm drinking the leftovers after kegging of my first brew with spotless water. I'm impressed. Unfortunately my tap water is so hard, i have to use 1 part tap water 2 part of spotless. Maybe I have to buy more jerry cans.

Latest posts

Back