Spratwaffler

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheapbrew

Junk and disorderly
Reaction score
On wednesday I had the pleasure of drinking one of the nicest beers I have ever tasted,

Spratwaffler from the Time and Tide Brewery in Deal, Kent.

It is a lovely hoppy pale ale, details on their website http://timeandtidebrewing.co.uk/ say......

Spratwaffler Pale Ale

Spratwaffler - a colloquialism from the North end of Deal in Kent, where Time & Tide founders Sam and Paul grew up.

Malts: Maris Otter, Caramalt
Hops: Celeia, Cascade, Citra
Yeast: House Yeast
ABV: 3.7%
IBU: 37
EC: 7

I have emailed them asking for more info on malt percentages, mash and boil times and hop additions, but I would very much like to re-create this beer myself even if they aren't forthcoming with further info.

I hadn't come across Celeia before, but apparently it's a hybrid of Styrian Golding, Aurora and a Slovenia wild hop, Celeia is known for its noble characteristics, with an aroma profile that is earthy and floral, a slovenian fuggle hybrid

From what I've read styrian goldings is not of the golding heritage but a Slovenian bred fuggles and celeia is a hybrid of styrian golding, aurora and a Slovenian wild hop.

Back to the nigh on impossible game of trying to find a supplier with all three hops in stock to keep postage down

Latest posts

Back