Spraymalt recipe help

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

globe11123

Reaction score
I've got a bag of 500g light spray malt and a bag of 500g medium spray malt, also I have some cascade hops that I need to use up.

What would be the best amount of water to use? Want the beer to be around 4.5-4.8% ABV.

Cheers.

Thanks for that, how much yeast you reckon? 1tsp?

Next I need to decide whether I just bottle it or purchase the stuff to convert a fridge into a kegerator. Anyone got any experience with this? Seems a cracking thing to make but is it worth it?

Thanks for that, how much yeast you reckon? 1tsp?

Next I need to decide whether I just bottle it or purchase the stuff to convert a fridge into a kegerator. Anyone got any experience with this? Seems a cracking thing to make but is it worth it?
Would you convert a fridge for 8 litres?

Would you convert a fridge for 8 litres?
Well I got a under counter fridge for free recently for my bar. I probably would only brew smaller batches now because in the past doing 20-23L ones they tend to get forgotten about.

Don't really know much about kegging.

I suppose you could use 5l kegs but as for converting a fridge for them you'd be better off buying party tap and gas bulbs I recon and using the fridge to chill them.
Yeah, I've seen that I can get some 2L growlers than would do the job and they are cheap.

Would be good to have a dabble with kegging stuff and carbonating it with CO2, may well give that a go.

Well I think I may have put too many hops in :confused: 26g in 8L think that's going to be very bitter lol. Wasn't sure how many to put in the boil was initally thinking 20 but then I adjusted it.

Everything is trial and error for me haha.

*1.042 gravity, was abit sweet with bitter aftertaste, will that mellow out?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back