Spring ale yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,
I am right now brewing the spring beer from GH book. Its my second version of it. The first was cascade/citra as I couldn't get wai-iti at the time. Now I'm going with the galaxy/wai-iti per recipe. I'm bringing the second galaxy addition to 15 mins though and then a big wai-iti dry hop. My grain bill is slightly more to the munich, 80/20 pale/munich.

I just checked my first batch recipe and noticed I used s-04 yeast. I thought I used us-05 and was planning the same for this one. Now wondering whether to switch to S-04.

Anyone got any advice or opinions? US-05 vs S-04 for a pale/Munich spring beer with galaxy and wai-iti.

Wai-iti is delicious but a bit delicate, needs a really neutral yeast to shine IMO. I'd say US05 for sure.

Yes, go for a clean yeast. But there's quite a few to choose from. US-05, CML California Common, CML Kolsch, BRY-97 Mangrove Jacks do one too (but cant remember which one)

Latest posts

Back