Spring Water

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denalver

Reaction score
In a quest to learn a little more about what might affect some recipes in the future, I am trying to get an idea of where I sit with the water I use. I have been online in all kids of places, and even though I can find basic things, I can't get the water chemistry that would be useful in brewing software for Publix Spring Water. I like using the stuff as it seems to be pretty good all around. Do any of y'all have some links that might be useful?

In the UK it’s possible to go to your water supplier on the Internet, feed in your Post Code and get the information you require.

In my part of Sleaford (supplied by Anglian Water) our tap water is classed as “Hard”.

As a result I mix the tap water with Spring Water (bought in a local supermarket) as follows;
  • Beer - 75% tap water.
  • IPA’s - 50% tap water.
  • Lager - 25% tap water.
  • Wine - 0% tap water
Not very scientific, but it works for me!
athumb..

In a quest to learn a little more about what might affect some recipes in the future, I am trying to get an idea of where I sit with the water I use. I have been online in all kids of places, and even though I can find basic things, I can't get the water chemistry that would be useful in brewing software for Publix Spring Water. I like using the stuff as it seems to be pretty good all around. Do any of y'all have some links that might be useful?
Publix source their water from different places so the water chemistry will depend on where your water is sourced. Their website will give you more information but I can’t access it from the UK, sorry. 🤷‍♂️

Latest posts

Back