Spring wines on my mind

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

percival

Regular.
Reaction score
It's started already .... while i'm out and about my attention is automatically fixing on hedgerows etc looking for good brambles. Although the brambles in our garden made uber fruit last year i'm on the lookout for other brambles so i can brew more than 1 gallon this year.

I want to make bramble tip wine this year. A promising looking bramble in my eyes has been cut back. This means it'll probably have a much better root system than it needs, so its new growth should be fast and prolific .... lots of dark red, supple, juicy, bramble tips. Also, chances are it was cut back the year before too. iirc brambles fruit on last years new branches. I'll also be looking for branches that get plenty of sunlight, maybe climbing on the branches of a smallish tree. I reckon this improves the fruit. A half decent water supply nearby will also get my attention ... rivers, streams, ponds, lakes, canals etc.

What are you plans for spring wines? leaves, saps, dandelions?

i might have a go at a traditional dandelion and burdock.

i'm also keeping a close eye on the elder at the bottom of my garden for a signal to make elderflower wine

Latest posts

Back