SS Brewtech Brewbucket

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linalmeemow

Landlord.
Reaction score
I'm on the lookout for some shiny new kit, and the SS Brewtech Brewbucket has caught my eye. Have any of you got one, and if so what are your thoughts? It looks lovely and the conical base looks like would be effective in keeping the beer in minimal contact with the trub. My main concern is the size of the 27(ish) litre model. I've had issues with yeast escaping from my Coopers fermenter when doing 23l of big beers (Belgian Golden Strong, 9% or so) even with the extending collar attached. Has anyone done a beer this big with the SS bucket?

I have not done anything that big but there is not a lot of headroom if you are expecting a big fermentation. I always use a blow off tube due to the internal height of my fermentation fridge and rarely get yeast in it but for me I would reduce batch size to <20l to avoid wastage on a big one.

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk

You are right you don't get a lot of headroom. I've done some 24l fermentations in mine, using Notty yeast so not too vigorous, and it did touch the lid whilst fermenting. Didn't have anything come through the blow off tube though thankfully.

Incredibly easy to clean out though, I just fill it with water, let it stand for a bit and the hose it down and give it a clean with a dish brush. No need to scrub at all :)

I've got a few brew buckets and I consistently get 6 gallons into mine. Across a wide range of yeasts from US04 to S05 and MJ saison/Californian common. Plus many others.

The key for me is always using a blow off tube and jam jar of star San. No blow overs and infections.

My buckets have always produced great beer. The only thing I don't like is the extra o-rings you need to get as they do tend to get squashed and stripped when you strip it down and clean it between brews.

Plus I would to be able to properly harvest the yeast via plug. But that would double the price.

All in all I love mine and would recommend to any fellow home brewer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As others have said, you don't get a lot of headroom in the 7 US gallon brew bucket. I have have the SS Brewtech Brewmaster 7 US gal one and I constantly lose a few pints through the blow-off pipe. I might get the domed lid for it but I also use a 14 US gal Brewmaster Chronical so it's not an urgency at the moment. It is easier to clean than the Chronical though.

I have a Brewmaster, my first beer using it (an NZ Pilsner is lagering in it now). Largest batch I do is 20l, so should be no problems with headapace. Fits in my fridge fine and use Inkbird temp probe fits perfectly in the thermowell.

Latest posts

Back