SS Brewtech Brewmaster Bucket - Fridge Fitting.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all

When I was researching I could not find decent images of the bucket in a UK fridge for sizing. Luckily it fits and I thought I'd jot down a few words and pictures which I thought you may find useful.

https://thescotsmanbrews.wordpress.com/2016/08/02/ss-brewtech-brewmaster-bucket/

Link above no longer working, I now have the brewmaster bucket and need to get a fridge or freezer sorted. Any of you that are using these could you let me know what make and model fridge your using please?

I'm hoping to brew on my next day off (5 jan) so really hoping someone gets back with details of a suitable fridge.

Otherwise I shall have to spend my day off traipsing around the shops with a fermenter under my arm.

Just remembered, the shelf I put into that fridge was about five inches off the floor. I got rid of that fridge six months ago and replaced it with an integrated under counter fridge which again the BB fits into easily.

Just remembered, the shelf I put into that fridge was about five inches off the floor. I got rid of that fridge six months ago and replaced it with an integrated under counter fridge which again the BB fits into easily.

Do you know which one your now using?

Think I'm going to have to take it to Currys or similar and check which ones it fits into.

Hi!

A tape measure is more portable than a SS brew bucket :grin:

It is and I have thought of that, but if it's a bit borderline then I want the bucket handy just to check the door will close.

Do you know which one your now using?
Not sure, I'm overseas working at the moment. I just went to a place in Southport that sell off appliances that have the odd dent etc.
The Curry's one I previously had was ok for size though, you need to make sure there are no fixed door shelves otherwise you may have to hack them off.

Thanks Barnbrian and Robf for your suggestions, looks like a trip to curry s is in order. Robf great first post,:) welcome to the site.

Thanks Barnbrian and Robf for your suggestions, looks like a trip to curry s is in order. Robf great first post,:) welcome to the site.

Have a look on eBay and use the search filter “ nearest me first” or gumtree in your area, if your not looking for a fridge or freezer that are all bright and new looking they almost give them away

I've been looking on there, nothing local to me at the moment but keep checking back.

If it’s of any use I bought a Bosch Logixx easy access fridge off gumtree and my Brewbucket fits no problem. It does look like a ‘bigger’ fridge but you can probably find the dimensions online.
Its made a massive difference to my quality and in combination with the inkbirk and the heat mat it’s a one time purchase which should give years of service.

Hey Honk, what fridge did you end up going for for your Brew Buckets? I’m in the same predicament

I recently bought the 7 gallon brewmaster bucket and checked the fit in my fridge and it fits perfectly with the thermowell and tap pointing forwards (towards the door), with the ITC-308 short probe fitted in the well.

I'm posting this on a old thread as I came across this thread whilst looking for the same answer as the OP, and thought it would be beneficial to add my model of fridge into the 'catalogue'.

My fridge is an Indesit MC05 undercounter, 55cm wide and 58cm deep. I can fit the bucket in the bottom (the very bottom minus clear plastic drawer) and there is plenty of headspace for airlocks and blow off tubes.

Note that I don't think it would fit with the thermometer attached; I have no need for it.

Given that it fits my fridge I would imagine it would also fit a 60cm width/depth under counter fridge as well.

For info I've had it four years and it was a fiver off ebay, dunno how old it is...

Latest posts

Back