SS Brewtech Unitank Temp Control

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pugh

Reaction score
Hello all, I need a bit of a sanity check...

I picked up a SS Brewtech Unitank largely for it's carbonation function but I now want to be a little more precise about my fermentation temp...but I don't want to shell out for a glycol chiller.

Can anyone tell me if the following would fit the bill if, instead of glycol, the source of the chilling is a bucket of water in an Inkbird temp controlled fridge?
https://www.ssbrewtech.com/products/ftss-heating-chilling-for-bme-chronical-7-14-gals
Thanks in advance.

From what I have read this would fit your requirements. I'm looking at picking up Unitank myself once back in stock in the UK. I'm going to use a Maxi Cooler for chilling side of it and maybe some brew belts for the heating all controlled by a Wifi Inkbird controller

It depends where you keep the unitank. I've got a 14gallon chronical in my garage and over the past few weeks have struggled to keep the temp down. I'm changing the water daily and using loads of ice in a cool box but temp was reaching mid twenties but im trying to keep it at 18 degrees.

It depends where you keep the unitank. I've got a 14gallon chronical in my garage and over the past few weeks have struggled to keep the temp down. I'm changing the water daily and using loads of ice in a cool box but temp was reaching mid twenties but im trying to keep it at 18 degrees.

That's a good point, but the theory is correct, right?

Theory's bang on. I was fine until we hit 28 degrees outside. The garage walls absorbed the heat all day then radiated back all night.

Back