SS Tap to Ball Lock Help

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joetp

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi there!

I have some 5L minikegs I want to convert to the ball lock caps so I can fit them in the fridge. I currently have this complete set up from GetErBrewed - Is there a way I can use the current tap on a ball lock? I wondered if anyone knows the converter I'd need. I emailed GetErBrewed, but their only solution was to buy a picnic tap for the ball lock, which isn't ideal as it has no flow control!

I could buy a Nukatap and ball lock connection from AliExpress, but I'd rather not fork out another £20 for another tap, if possible!

Many thanks,

Joe

I'm not sure if/how putting that tap on a ball lock would save space. Would you be mounting the tap on something? I would use a picnic tap myself with a length of 3/16. This does the job of the flow control, though I appreciate it is not as straightforward to adjust. It's also good as you can keep the keg on it's side and still dispense from it.
Something like this:
https://brewkegtap.co.uk/collections/taps/products/party-tap-kit

Thanks for the advice guys! It seems it's a very specific tap for the setup so isn't very versatile. I'm just going to roll with a party tap and see how I get on! Just ordered the stuff from Kegland on Aliexpress.

Latest posts

Back