St Peter Review

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerBaron

Reaction score
Hi There Brewers,

Has anyone had any experience with the St Peter's Micro Brewery Home Brew Complete Starter Kit?
Thinking of ordering one but would like to know what peoples experience has been with it, any pros / cons.
Thanks Guys !

Well I don't have direct experience of the starter kit but it would seem to contain everything you would need to get started in brewing i.e. fermenting bucket, some sanitiser/steriliser/cleaner, stirring paddle, siphon, hydrometer, trial jar, thermometer, a St. Peter's beer and some bottles to put it in. I bought something similar from Boots around 1992. The St. Peter's kits are good quality so you should end up with some decent beer,

Then with the equipment you have it can then be used to make many more kit brews after that though I expect you'll want a few additional bits and pieces as well as some more bottles or a pressure barrel.

It all comes down to value for money really. Is it cheaper buying it like this or the individual bits and pieces separately. I suspect the starter kit is ever so slightly cheaper.

Have a look on here for some decent alternatives: Beer & Lager

No real cons though other than getting bitten by the homebrew bug, spending too much time on here, and spending too much money on shiny kit that you really *need*. Good luck acheers.

Hi Beer Baron,
I`ve just started brewing again after a 30 odd year break, I wanted some Pale Ale for the summer, and had no kit.

So as we speak, I have exactly that Starter Kit ( with the St Peters India Pale Ale ) next me to now, about 3 days from bottling.

It was excellent value, and with the addition of a couple of bits and pieces arriving today ( including another bucket) I`ll be following it straight away with the Brew Works Old English Ale, and a Festival Razorback IPA.

The stirring spoon appears no more than adequate, the tap that goes into the bottom wouldn`t fit without a bit of sanding as it was a little too `snug`, and I`m not sure I like the airlock design.

But I`m well chuffed, and have no regrets at all about getting the kit, which provides all you need and a great baseline from which to get a brew off the mark, and add to.

It really makes it simple..for instance I like the fact that it came with carbonation drops for priming the bottles. Not because I`m incapable of using sugar or solution, but because until it arrives from Ebay I don`t actually have a small measuring spoon set, so the drops make carbonation easy.

Dive in...get it fermenting...then start looking for your `follow up` brews.....and roll on summer days and a cellar of beer.... :)

Latest posts

Back