St Werburgh turkey raffle axed amid vegan outcry

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We all (people and cats) evolved eating meat. I find it a bit hard to swallow that never having any is a really healthy way to go.

I find it a bit hard to swallow that never having any is a really healthy way to go.

It looks like you are right -

Here are 7 nutrients that you may need to supplement with while on a vegan diet.
  • Vitamin B12. Foods often touted as rich in vitamin B12 include unwashed organic produce, mushrooms grown in B12-rich soils, nori, spirulina, chlorella and nutritional yeast. ...
  • Vitamin D. ...
  • Long-Chain Omega-3s. ...
  • Iodine. ...
  • Iron. ...
  • Calcium. ...
  • Zinc.

If veganism is akin to a religion (as the court case next spring will determine), does that mean that meat-eating, or even cannibilism, would also be considered to be a religion?

To be fair, I don't care if anyone is a vegan or vegetarian as long as they don't force their ideas on me and lecture me that their way of life is 'the only way'. These people who have stopped the turkey raffle (and the others in Brighton who protested in a restaurant for over an hour) need to learn tolerance and respect and stop being so aggressive

If veganism is akin to a religion (as the court case next spring will determine), does that mean that meat-eating, or even cannibilism, would also be considered to be a religion?

To be fair, I don't care if anyone is a vegan or vegetarian as long as they don't force their ideas on me and lecture me that their way of life is 'the only way'. These people who have stopped the turkey raffle (and the others in Brighton who protested in a restaurant for over an hour) need to learn tolerance and respect and stop being so aggressive

Sacrificing animals for food, that sounds a bit religious.

These people who have stopped the turkey raffle (and the others in Brighton who protested in a restaurant for over an hour) need to learn tolerance and respect and stop being so aggressive

I imagine the majority of Vegetarians/vegans quietly go about their business its these idiots that give them a bad name.

Yeah they need tolerance,respect and BACON!
....and sausages,steak,chicken (roast, tandoori or tikka),lamb (as chicken),kebabs,pork pies,great big pies full of steak and kidney with thick dark gravy...pork scratchings (with beer)...

Latest posts

Back