Stabbing attack at London bridge.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As the guy was a convicted Islamist terrorist it seems unlikely he came out of prison and put on a hoax suicide vest to stab people for the sheer pleasure of it.
So he stabbed people because he's a Muslim? I guess all terrorist members of the IRA were Catholic. Don't mean to say all Catholics are evil and out to bomb protestants. It may be an unpopular opinion, but I don't think religion is the sole or even primary cause of this incident.

Whilst this individual may well have been some kind of "nutter".

As has been said the guy was a convicted Islamist terrorist he believes in something we don't that doesn't make him a nutter.

I did not mean to say he was an islamic nutter chippy just a plain nutter.

I have had a pretty bad deal from the government since becoming working age disabled,But i would never dream of taking out my anger with the state by murdering innocent men,women and children.
However hard done by that i felt.

And in the 1990s had a few Muslim work friends,everyone got on well together.

Sc##bag was left out 8 years into a 16 year sentence and attacks again speechless is all I can say

I have had a pretty bad deal from the government since becoming working age disabled,But i would never dream of taking out my anger with the state by murdering innocent men,women and children.
However hard done by that i felt.

I haven't read all the stuff that has been reported about this attack are you saying he did this because he wasn't happy with the way the government have treat him or because he was a terrorist?

Hi Chippy,
No what i mean is no matter how much i dissagreed with government policy and the treatment i recieve at the hands of the state (Another £94 pm cut just this month) i would not resort to murder.

If and i mean If there is ever any justification for killing it can only in terms self defence.
Getting upset againt events in other countries is not SELF defence.

There are many forms of mental illness and i think this person was suffering from at least one of them.

So he stabbed people because he's a Muslim? I guess all terrorist members of the IRA were Catholic. Don't mean to say all Catholics are evil and out to bomb protestants. It may be an unpopular opinion, but I don't think religion is the sole or even primary cause of this incident.
No, he didn't stab people because he is a muslim, nor are all muslims terrorist. But he was imprisoned for being a radicalised Islamist terrorist, from his own admission he continued to be a radicalised muslim on release.

No what i mean is no matter how much i dissagreed with government policy and the treatment i recieve at the hands of the state (Another £94 pm cut just this month) i would not resort to murder.

I don't get your argument at all, he didn't kill people because he was unhappy with the state he did it because that is what he believed he was put on this earth to do.

Boris Johnson has told the BBC that 74 people jailed for terror offences and released early will have their licence conditions reviewed.

The Ministry of Justice launched the urgent review after Friday's London Bridge attack, where convicted terrorist Usman Khan - who served half his time - killed two people.

The prime minister claimed scrapping early release would have stopped him.

But Labour is blaming budget cuts for "missed chances to intervene".

Khan, 28, who was shot dead by police during Friday's attack, was jailed over a plot to bomb the London Stock Exchange in 2012.

He was sentenced to indeterminate detention for "public protection" with a minimum jail term of eight years.

This sentence would have allowed him to be kept in prison beyond the minimum term.

But in 2013, the Court of Appeal quashed the sentence, replacing it with a 16-year-fixed term of which Khan should serve half in prison.

He was released on licence in December 2018 - subject to an "extensive list of licence conditions", Met Police Assistant Commissioner Neil Basu said.

Full article - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50618744

Boris Johnson has told the BBC that 74 people jailed for terror offences and released early will have their licence conditions reviewed.

The Ministry of Justice launched the urgent review after Friday's London Bridge attack, where convicted terrorist Usman Khan - who served half his time - killed two people.

The prime minister claimed scrapping early release would have stopped him.

But Labour is blaming budget cuts for "missed chances to intervene".

Khan, 28, who was shot dead by police during Friday's attack, was jailed over a plot to bomb the London Stock Exchange in 2012.

He was sentenced to indeterminate detention for "public protection" with a minimum jail term of eight years.

This sentence would have allowed him to be kept in prison beyond the minimum term.

But in 2013, the Court of Appeal quashed the sentence, replacing it with a 16-year-fixed term of which Khan should serve half in prison.

He was released on licence in December 2018 - subject to an "extensive list of licence conditions", Met Police Assistant Commissioner Neil Basu said.

Full article - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50618744

I see the politicians are taking advantage already.

Loads of police vehicle zooming around London today and I wasnt anywhere near central London where the incidnet took place. I work in zone 6 (central London is zone 1)

I dont seem to be getting myself across very well
I will try once more.

People who set out to randomly murder innocent members of the public in order to avenge either an imaginary or real slieght be it politics,religion,personal grievence,or any thing else Must,Must, Must have mental health issues of one form or another.

To describe such a person the NON medically qualified lay person would use the terms,Nuts,or Nutter.

It is quite a common description of anyone who hears voices from demons,gods,ghosts,aliens,or fairies at the bottom of the garden. Then go on to commit irational acts of harm to either themselves or others,then claim the were "instructed"

Even if he heard no voices at all,A total disregard for life and the abitilty to coldly kill is ALSO a recognised medical health condition.Again the layperson would descibe such an individual as Nuts.
Either way Nuts.!!

The public may be told more about his history as the wave of criticism of the actions of the athorities continues.

It is quite a common description of anyone who hears voices from demons,gods,ghosts,aliens,or fairies at the bottom of the garden. Then go on to commit irational acts of harm to either themselves or others,then claim the were "instructed"

They are not instructed they are brainwashed into thinking this is what their God wants them to do there has been enough written about this over the years, do you honestly believe every terrorist is basically someone with mental health issues doing what they are told?

Yes I agree brainwashing plays a very significant part.

One of the most effective techniques is repatition constantly repeating the same mantras over and over again can be a very powerfull method of indoctronation and is used not just in religious observence but sales and politics.

I shold add these methods work on adults but are EXTREAMLY effective on children

Last edited:
Maybe I’m about to step into it, but here ’goes...

Radical jihadist terrorists do not IMHO suffer from mental illness. That would imply that they are not responsible for their actions. Rather, they do what they do as a matter of choice, and religious conviction. That they think killing infidels is OK, does not make them mentally ill. It makes them evil, and backwards, practicing ancient belief systems among modern societies. They are deliberate, and patient, and willing to die because they think good things will come of it.

Anyone here attend church, or synagogue, or another house of worship? Practice religious rituals? Donate to the needy? Teach your children to “do unto others....?” And why do we do those things? Following religious teachings, getting ourselves right with God, and doing what we believe He wants us to do, are a few reasons. Jihadists shoot up night clubs, blow up planes and buildings, and stab perfect strangers on the London bridge, for the same reasons. In their case, that belief system also includes martyrdom and a bunch of virgins for good measure.

Branding them as mentally ill also suggests that they can be fixed, or rehabilitated. Screw that. Letting any of them ever walk the earth again as free people after being captured for plotting, or funding, or carrying out a terrorist act, is the insane part of this.

Branding them as mentally ill also suggests that they can be fixed, or rehabilitated. Screw that. Letting any of them ever walk the earth again as free people after being captured for plotting, or funding, or carrying out a terrorist act, is the insane part of this.

They are discussing sentences and releasing dangerous people as I type this will we end up like America where we have more prisons and a life sentence means life, I am all for that and not only for terrorists.

Life should mean life for anybody infact all sentences should be served to the full, terrorists will always as a general rule be a risk once released as they will be targeted by the leaders of these groups as they have once and will be again be susceptible to indoctrination and easy targets for them

I dont seem to be getting myself across very well
I will try once more.

People who set out to randomly murder innocent members of the public in order to avenge either an imaginary or real slieght be it politics,religion,personal grievence,or any thing else Must,Must, Must have mental health issues of one form or another.

To describe such a person the NON medically qualified lay person would use the terms,Nuts,or Nutter.

Even if he heard no voices at all,A total disregard for life and the abitilty to coldly kill is ALSO a recognised medical health condition.Again the layperson would descibe such an individual as Nuts.
Either way Nuts.!!

The public may be told more about his history as the wave of criticism of the actions of the athorities continues.

I disagree with that. In some cases, there may well be mental health issues to consider, but jihadi terrorism (or any form of terrorism for that matter) for me comes under the heading of 'fanaticism'. It is one of the most dangerous words in our language, whether it's related to religion, politics or even a football team. A true fanatic sees nothing else but his or her 'goal' and will not let anything stand in the way of supporting whatever ideology is involved to the extent that it leads to real hatred which in turn leads to violence. That for me is not mental illness. It's much more akin to brainwashing.

Latest posts

Back