Stabbing attack at London bridge.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Two members of the public have died after a stabbing attack at London Bridge, in which police also shot dead the suspect.

The Met Police has declared the attack a terrorist incident.

The suspect, who died at the scene, was believed to have been wearing a hoax explosive device, police said.

Videos on social media appear to show passers-by holding down a man. An officer arrives, seems to indicate to the group to move, and fires a shot.

A Whitehall source confirmed two members of the public died to the BBC but gave no further information.

Details are still emerging and Neil Basu, the head of UK counter-terrorism policing, said the force was keeping an open mind over the motive.

He said officers were called to a stabbing at a premises near the bridge just before 14:00.

Full article - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50604781

I went out for an afternoon constitutional. I was walking along the river, near vauxhall bridge and kept seeing loads of cops and amblances, which isnt actually very unusual for central london. It want until I got back home and Mrs MQ told me what had happened that I realised what I'd been seeing

I do wish the police would not keep on shooting these people dead.
Once dead there is little way to interogate them and and fewer options to find out who amongst there friends is also in on it.
Its the main reason in wars an army will take live prisoners.

But the most important thing is a thought for the loss of inocent lives and the familys affected.

Once dead there is little way to interogate them and and fewer options to find out who amongst there friends is also in on it.

But the most important thing is a thought for the loss of inocent lives and the familys affected.

Jesus, the guy was wearing a hoax explosive device. What the hell do you want the Police to do - sit down, make him a cup of tea and have a chat?

The attacker had already killed two people and had the ‘vest’ been live, he could have killed many more. Under those circumstances, the commander in control of the operation has no choice - his sole aim is to preserve lives.

The attacker got exactly what he deserved and the Police acted entirely correctly as far as I can see.

My thoughts are with the families whose loved ones will not return home from work tonight, those injured, and the Police marksman whom I’m sure will not sleep a wink for days.

I suppose the idea is once dead, they cannot then trigger the explosive device they are carrying..

We live in a bad bad world were religion is the root of all evil it really really is, if I get upstairs I have some serious questions to ask him, my heart goes out to the victims and their family and friends

This Steve guy (the tour guide) who ran in to help and who is all over the news telling everyone he give the guy a kick in the head to get the knife off him and who told them he was the one in the green mod coat may be regretting his face, name and job being all over the news this morning.

Sounds like a home grown on this occasion but will def stir up the election campaigns regards sovereignty and controlling who comes in the country me thinks. Can you believe 2 people going about their business and 2 families not going to have the Christmas they were looking forward to, so sad that it is a religious celebration everybody is looking forward to and it is religion that has caused their deaths RIP

Sounds like a home grown on this occasion but will def stir up the election campaigns regards sovereignty and controlling who comes in the country me thinks. Can you believe 2 people going about their business and 2 families not going to have the Christmas they were looking forward to, so sad that it is a religious celebration everybody is looking forward to and it is religion that has caused their deaths RIP

Re The election campaign what Im hearing is, 'so why have 20 000 police been cut?'

Yes agree McQul but in this case it wasn't it the legal process why he was out on tag as he was already in the system which is what failed us as he had to be released under the legal process but you are correct as police numbers will always be questionable

We live in a bad bad world were religion is the root of all evil it really really is, if I get upstairs I have some serious questions to ask him, my heart goes out to the victims and their family and friends
Do we really know what impact religion had in this case? Don't get me wrong, I think that religion - in all it's guises - is just plain silly and is therefore a factor in people doing crazy things, but do you not think that inequality, power,greed, overcrowding, some people's innate 'badness' etc, etc might also be factors?

Yes agree McQul but in this case it wasn't it the legal process why he was out on tag as he was already in the system which is what failed us as he had to be released under the legal process but you are correct as police numbers will always be questionable

Our legal system is laughable. These people will always be a threat to society and should never be released. Would our friends across the pond allow a known terrorist out on a tag? asad.

There defiantely questions to be asked why a convicted terrorist could commit another terrorist attack

Do we really know what impact religion had in this case? Don't get me wrong, I think that religion - in all it's guises - is just plain silly and is therefore a factor in people doing crazy things, but do you not think that inequality, power,greed, overcrowding, some people's innate 'badness' etc, etc might also be factors?
You're right, none of us know for sure at this stage whether religion was a factor, but I think we would all be amazed if it wasn't the prime factor. I was at least heartened to see several individuals taking the responsibility, at great personal risk to take down and disarm the attacker.

You're right, none of us know for sure at this stage whether religion was a factor, but I think we would all be amazed if it wasn't the prime factor..

As the guy was a convicted Islamist terrorist it seems unlikely he came out of prison and put on a hoax suicide vest to stab people for the sheer pleasure of it.

Whilst this individual may well have been some kind of "nutter".
We should not lose sight of the fact,Globally there is an idealogical WAR going on.

Back