Stabbing deaths among young people hit eight-year high

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, according to one source:
"Germany's knife-crime problem is being exacerbated by its lenient judicial system, in which offenders receive relatively light sentences, even for serious crimes. In many instances, individuals who are arrested for knife-related crimes are released after questioning from police. This practice allows criminal suspects to continue committing crimes with virtual impunity".

Yep Merkel has right royally screwed up Germany.

One thing that is clear is that in order to address this problem, Police need to identify who is committing the crimes and a simple black/white/brown discrimination isn't up to the job.
Anecdotally at least, Somalis in Birmingham have a terrible reputation for knife crime and looking at some of the London reports, Somali names appear to be disproportionately represented among both those arrested and among the victims.
If the common denominator here turns out to be ethnicity, then efforts need to be targeted at that group.
If the common denominator turns out to be religion (no prizes for guessing), then again, that group needs to be targeted.
We can't have our capital overrun with thugs and if the only way to prevent that is to rescind citizenship and deport or institute the sort of mass incarceration seen in the US, then so be it.

One thing that is clear is that in order to address this problem, Police need to identify who is committing the crimes and a simple black/white/brown discrimination isn't up to the job.
Anecdotally at least, Somalis in Birmingham have a terrible reputation for knife crime and looking at some of the London reports, Somali names appear to be disproportionately represented among both those arrested and among the victims.
If the common denominator here turns out to be ethnicity, then efforts need to be targeted at that group.
If the common denominator turns out to be religion (no prizes for guessing), then again, that group needs to be targeted.
We can't have our capital overrun with thugs and if the only way to prevent that is to rescind citizenship and deport or institute the sort of mass incarceration seen in the US, then so be it.

And there's part of the problem. The authorities are treading on eggshells for fear of offending minority groups. Target Somalis, as you say, and the Police will immediately be labelled as racist by some and tensions within Somali communities will be heightened, leading to other problems.

Everyone - Police, Government, Councils - need to stop pandering to anyone when it comes to crime. Crime is crime and it doesn't matter a jot what the colour of the perpetrator's skin is, or their religion, or their financial status - they need to be punished in accordance with the law and sentenced in exactly the same way.

When an MP like Naz Shah retweets and likes a tweet saying "Those abused girls in Rotherham and elsewhere just need to shut their mouths. For the good of diversity", you know there's something seriously wrong. Given what those girls in Rotherham were subjected to, Shah liking it was one of the most disgusting things I've seen from any politician in recent times - and she's not slone.

I totally agree any criticism of anything to do with peoples culture thats linked to race or religion (unless there Christian) is off limits and the police and justice system are diverted away from real crime to police online hate crime.

and her career survived it.....
Thing is that we are already seeing Orwellian measures being taken to keep the native population from engaging in wrongthink and its becoming increasingly obvious that that isn't a sustainable tactic.
Police and other agencies either start addressing the social problems resulting from mass migration or they are going to have to deal with civil unrest on an unprecedented scale.
Personally, I'd rather see melting snowflakes than burning cities.

Edit: Shah has dropped another clanger:
http://www.breitbart.com/london/201...e-mandela-quote-endorsing-necklacing-murders/

Last edited:
What do you know... It's worked elsewhere but shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott has said that "A return to high levels of stop and search will not solve London’s violent crime problem".

She recommends looking to Glasgow for a solution where the knit your on tofu brigade had police, schools, hospitals, mental health services and local authorities working together to reverse Glasgow’s status as the country’s knife crime capital.

Maybe she would do better to look to the actions of former chief constable of Glasgow, Sir Percy Sillitoe, who dealt with the city's razor gangs in the 1930s.

Two more dead in London.

Two men have died in another night of bloodshed in the capital and police have now launched their 52nd murder probe of the year.

A victim in his 20s was killed after being stabbed in Hackney, east London, just hours after a man in his 50s died following a fight outside a bookmakers in nearby Clapton.

Officers were called at 4.27pm to the Betfred store after receiving reports of a man who was unconscious in the street.

He was involved in an 'altercation' with another man who left the scene and no arrests have been made.

And on Wednesday evening, police were driving in Hackney when they saw a young man had been stabbed and he died 30 minutes later.

It comes after a 17-year-old girl and 16-year-old boy were killed following a postcode war which has gripped London.

Tanesha Melbourne was outside the home of her boyfriend's mother when she was shot on Monday evening in Tottenham, north London.

The teenager became the 48th person to be murdered in London this year, after getting caught up in a terrifying postcode war ravaging the streets of the capital.

Also on Monday night, 16-year-old Amaan Shakoor, became the 49th victim of the continuing bloodshed after he was shot in the face in Walthamstow by 'rival drug dealers', according to a friend.

By Wednesday morning, the Metropolitan Police had launched 50 murder investigations - 12 in January, 15 in February, 19 in March and four in April.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rth-east-London-bookmakers.html#ixzz5BlpiRHCy
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

She recommends looking to Glasgow for a solution where the knit your on tofu brigade had police, schools, hospitals, mental health services and local authorities working together to reverse Glasgow’s status

It worked, didn't it?

Me too. As part of my cycling tool kit.

For those who dont know, it's perfectly legal to carry a non locking folding knife with a blade of less than thee inches. I carry one of these on my keys as it doesent even look like a knife when closed.

https://www.heinnie.com/kershaw-pub-31449

Me too, but I do avoid carrying it in central London. Legal it may be, but it's just not worth the hassle of explaining why you've got it if I do happen to be searched. Not that I'm likely to be searched as a white middle class man, but I dont really need it in central anyway.

Out in the provinces it's always in my pocket.

It worked, didn't it?
I don't know. Its very difficult to find figures on exactly what they did and what they achieved.
The approach also appears suspiciously similar to that employed by the troubled families scheme that was rightly lambasted by auditors.
While the headline costs may seem reasonable, that's only the operating costs and the TFT was basically buying families off by securing benefits for them that they weren't actually entitled to.

There will be 300 extra police on the streets of London this weekend and it will not make any difference until they are allowed to stop and search anyone for any reason how many more kids are going to die before this government grow a set and let the police do what the public want them to do?

There will be 300 extra police on the streets of London this weekend and it will not make any difference until they are allowed to stop and search anyone for any reason how many more kids are going to die before this government grow a set and let the police do what the public want them to do?

These killings are taking place in relatively small areas of London. They’re not happening in Leicester Square, Covent Garden or Soho. If the Police started stopping gangs of youths and doing a quick search for guns and knives, it would go a long way to helping reduce the problem.

BUT. Because the majority of the victims and perpetrators are black, it’s black gangs that would be the chief suspects. And then we’ll have the likes of Dianne Abbott shouting from the rooftops that the Police are racist and generally stirring the whole thing up. The fact that stop and search may actually save lives will be totally lost on her.

London violence: Mayor urges 'targeted' stop and search

Police officers should be "confident" to stop and search someone they suspect of carrying an offensive weapon, London's mayor has told the BBC.

Sadiq Khan backed the use of "targeted" stop-and-search in the capital, after six people were killed in shootings and stabbings in the past seven days.

An extra 300 officers are being deployed in areas of London.

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Cressida Dick denied her officers had lost control of the streets.

Mr Khan said stop-and-search was an "invaluable tool" for police when used properly - calling for "more targeted, intelligence-led" use of the power.

He said that local communities should play a role in protecting the public.

"You could be a mum or dad, big brother, big sister, a friend, girlfriend or boyfriend - who knows somebody carrying a knife," he said.

Read more - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-43678988

Perhaps they should send patrols of non white police to do the searches....or is it the police as a whole that would get branded or labelled or what ever...?

Perhaps they should send patrols of non white police to do the searches....or is it the police as a whole that would get branded or labelled or what ever...?

I don't think the colour of the skin of the person stopping them is the issue its the fact black people in any area are 4 times more likely to be stopped than white.

In the video i linked to above several young men discuss how many times they have been stopped one of them (Junior) has been stopped and search more than 400 times i guess this is why Sadiq Khan backed the use of "targeted" stop-and-search not random stop and search, i say unless its random it is not going to scare these kids and stop them carrying weapons.

Why would anyone call their kid 'Junior' - don't they expect them to grow up or summat? What would Mr.Junior call his own kid, Infant?

J
Why would anyone call their kid 'Junior' - don't they expect them to grow up or summat? What would Mr.Junior call his own kid, Infant?

When he grows up he will be Junior Senior and his kid will be Junior. :unsure: :laugh8:

Back