Stainless steel mesh hop filters

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KHS

Reaction score
Those stainless steel hop tube things, do you just put your hops in and throw it into the fermenting bin loose?
I use a fast ferment conical fermenter if that makes any diffference

Those stainless steel hop tube things, do you just put your hops in and throw it into the fermenting bin loose?
I use a fast ferment conical fermenter if that makes any diffference
The only bin I would be throwing the stainless steel hop tube in is the garbage bin. Just put the hops in loose.

I dry hopped with whole hops on one brew without a hop container. Nightmare. Hops floating everywhere and clogged my racking arm. I assume those "just chucking them in" are using hop pellets?

I have one of these things and I don't use it. Leaf hops tend to float and I found keeping the top of the basket above the fermenting brew was almost impossible while keeping the fermemtor airtight. As a result the hops floated out. A wast of time.
If you are concerned about hops in the completed brew then use a bounce filter instead.

I have two of these and use them both for big dry hops. Anything less that 60 or 70g I chuck in loose But for Anywhere near 100 and above use these.

just sanitise them, half fill them with hop pellets, twist lid tight and lower them in to Fv avoid splashing. Work great and easy to clean. I only use pellets.

Back