Stanley town centre mob of youths attack Police officers (BBC)

Discussion in 'The Snug' started by Chippy_Tea, Nov 30, 2018.

Help Support The Homebrew Forum UK by donating:

1. Nov 30, 2018 #1

Chippy_Tea

Chippy_Tea

Chippy_Tea

Administrator. Administrator

Is this the future for our city/town centres police being attacked by yobs who know they are being filmed but don't seem to care, one comment below is looking forward to civil war is this behaviour likely to increase and if so what can the under funded and manned police force do to stop it?

Lone Wolf1 hour ago
    Lol parents don't give a fuk

MC Intricacy 6 minutes ago
    Lol that's probably because the majority know the Police are backstabbing scum, in it for the wrong reasons. Roll on the cut backs and civil war boys n girls.

2. Nov 30, 2018 #2

mickthetrick

mickthetrick

mickthetrick

Senior Member Supporting Member

right on my doorstep this.
    its nothing new to be honest. place has being like this for years.

3. Dec 6, 2018 #3

Dutto

Dutto

Dutto

Dutto

Back in my youth there were some massive differences:
    1. The smallest Policeman stood 5'8" tall (1.80m).
    2. The only "weapon" carried by the Police was an 10" long truncheon made of oak or ebony.
    3. The Policeman was so badly armed he had to rely on the public to help him out if he was attacked ... but ...
    4. All Policemen were taught to defend themselves; even if by doing so someone else got badly hurt!
    Luckily for me I left before the powers that be decided to remove the Police from the streets and put them into cars. This was in the name of "Rapid Response".

However, because the Policemen were locked up in their cars, they didn't meet or know the people they were supposed to be protecting so they lost the help that previously had been given. (I once arrested a lad for "Fighting in the street" and a month later the same lad took out two of the three men that were attacking me behind a pub! As he pointed out "Three on to one just didn't seem fair!")

This lack of help from the public (coupled with the introduction of tiny officers) meant that the Police had to be armed with something more effective than a 10" length of wood; so along came the Taser and even guns!

I really do not envy the poor sods that are expected to Police our streets nowadays.

BTW, one of my compatriots was once being threatened by about eight youths when he pointed out "I MAY go to the hospital, or even the mortuary, if you attack me; but one of you lot will certainly be with me wherever I go!" He then hit one of the lads so hard it lifted him up and over a hedge into the front garden of a house and the rest decided to leave him alone when he turned and said "Okay, who's next?"

Happy Days!

4. Dec 6, 2018 #4

Saisonator

Saisonator

Saisonator

Regular.

Instead of the police being obsessed with diversity quotas, why not take on more ex-army as police, people that can take care of themselves.
    Eventually all police will be armed, you can't have community policing if the police are not part of the community (does community exist anyway in most areas)?
    It will change the dynamic as you can't have close contact with an armed officer, but there are armed police all over Europe, it doesnt appear to be a big problem.

5. Dec 6, 2018 #5

Wilfy

Wilfy

Wilfy

No surprise really, they still throw rocks at the moon up there.

Dutto likes this.