Star San withdrawn from sale in EU?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't quote me but I believe line cleaner is very caustic and can be dangerous if ingested, I am sure somebody will correct if I have got this wrong

No. They are completely different. Bar line cleaner contains sodium hydroxide and sodium hypochlorite. It's not a no-rinse sanitiser.
But it's ok if rinsed Star San is only a steriliser if I am correct so using beer line cleaner cleans and sterilisers which is ok to use if rinsed am I correct with this.

Hi Crappyfish just pulled this off tinterweb
An example of a good quality beer line cleaner is Proton Protinate. It is a concentrated solution of Sodium Hydroxide and Sodium Hypochlorite. If allowed to come into contact with the skin or other soft tissues it could cause severe burns and it is highly poisonous.

@Crappyfish

You have included your reply as part of my quote. Please type outside the quote box :tongue:

You could use beer line cleaner but why would you. It's quite hazardous undiluted. It also needs longer - 30 minutes.

Latest posts

Back