Starting again

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin9

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I've been dipping in and out of home brewing for years now. Lucky that in my current job I've got plenty of spare time now and am in need of hobbies before the OH has me doing any more decorating....
Want to nail beer making this time round as never seem to master this, even with the 2 can kits and also want to get a good stash of wine up again.
Happy days 😆

Welcome Justin.
In what way were your two-canners not what you had hoped for?
What are you planning on making this time round?

Hi
Well I think maybe I didn't devote the time to them as I should have, ive got a Wherry on the go now to give it another crack but am reading a lot on making my own AG etc. I built a bar during lockdown which is expensive to keep filled from the shops....

Hi
Well I think maybe I didn't devote the time to them as I should have, ive got a Wherry on the go now to give it another crack but am reading a lot on making my own AG etc. I built a bar during lockdown which is expensive to keep filled from the shops....
Photo of bar required.....

Photo of bar required.....
20210803_143720.jpg
20210803_143734.jpg

Greetings and great to have you here.
If you want to nail beer, gird up your loins, dip your toe in the water etc and instead of a kit, try a simple all-grain brew. It's easy, you can do it with kit you've already got and the results will blow you away.
Just have a read of this thread: Have a go at simple AG you won't look back.

Greetings and great to have you here.
If you want to nail beer, gird up your loins, dip your toe in the water etc and instead of a kit, try a simple all-grain brew. It's easy, you can do it with kit you've already got and the results will blow you away.
Just have a read of this thread: Have a go at simple AG you won't look back.
I've been reading that thread, going to try it over the next few days looks fantastic and hopefully fool proof 😆

I've been reading that thread, going to try it over the next few days looks fantastic and hopefully fool proof 😆
That thread set many of us myself included down the path of all grain, and it really helps to demystify the whole process. One thing I would say is worthwhile (and I think is mentioned in the thread) is to get a grain bag, they only cost a few pounds but BIAB brewing makes life so much easier.

Frankly I am still always surprised how good even a simple SMASH (Single Grain and Single Hop) beer can be basically just base malt with a few additions of hops throughout the brew.

Welcome to the Forum. Wow, I love your bar. Happy place indeed. Great set up. Best of luck. I started back in December last year and am just doing kits at the moment, I've done 11 so far. Mainly Mangrove Jacks Kits which are fantastic. I have also done a White Wine kit which turned out great too. It was good starting with kits and learning the ropes. I'm tempted to have a go at an AG Brew next year. I'll just get my current 3 kits bottled first. Enjoy and good luck.

Latest posts

Back