Starting again

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@abeamer has just tried it and maybe can comment on the experience?

I only started brewing this year and have been doing the usual Wilko/Range kits. These have turned out ok, each one getting better as I have gained experience in the process. I had been reading the thread about the AG Smash and thought it looked a simple way to try out AG. You don't need to splash out on £100's on kit, just a big stock pot (I got a 17ltr one) a bag (I got one from Wilko for £8) & a thermometer from ebay (£4). I wrote everything down and followed it to the letter. Just like when you start doing kits, the first go does take a lot of time and watch out for the bag with grains in ...its hot when you take it out to squeeze!.

My first go was a 10 ltr batch (so double the AG post), 2kg Maris Otter & East Kent Goldings and used Tap water but had help treating it.

I'm doing some simple ones before looking at more elaborate brews

Welcome to the friendly forum, crocking bar you have built, loads of people have built them since last year, I wonder if a lot of people won't go back to drinking in pubs etc longer term?

I have to admit I've not been to the local since lockdown started last year, not knocking it but it was a rough and tumble local, Greene King, and my bar kind of give that experience anyway 😅. Father in law is there every Saturday.
If me and my lovely other half go out as a monthly treat then we visit a few pubs in a near town or in the city and treat ourselves, but the home bar has definitely cut back on our pub visits.

Back